PDA

View Full Version : autozone Axle's ?? any good

Peruviann
04-11-2007, 04:23 AM
i need a new cv boot but i was told it would be alot better if i were to buy a whole axle so what do u guys think bout autozone axles ??

DC2Integ
04-11-2007, 05:06 AM
no parts from autozone are good lol go OEM or something better.

Peruviann
04-11-2007, 05:22 AM
ive been reading and asking around soo many people use those OEM is soo expensive :(

graveyardhippie
04-11-2007, 07:26 AM
i always used autozone. i've never had a problem with them, and i know a guy that ran them on a 12 second civic. the big upside is they're lifetime, so if you break them or the boot, they just give you another one.

nautica_t
04-11-2007, 04:36 PM
^thats the great thing about autozone, lifetime warranty.

JDMxDB8
04-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Get OEM. :thumbs up

Kuchtaboy
04-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Get OEM. :thumbs up

If you get a lifetime warrenty on a cheaper part it'd be smarter to get that..

Depends on your driving too, If you're just driving it as a car autozone should be fine. If you're beating the piss out of your car with heavy modifications its probably better to go after market over either of the 2.

UnderPressure
04-11-2007, 09:08 PM
ive always used them, lifetime warranty that honda doesnt offer. nuff said.

Kuchtaboy
04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Its like buying a Kia for commuting. It may be slow, it may look like shit, and people may make fun of you for it, but you're getting one hell of a warrenty that NO ONE else offers. lol

JDMxDB8
04-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Its like buying a Kia for commuting. It may be slow, it may look like shit, and people may make fun of you for it, but you're getting one hell of a warrenty that NO ONE else offers. lol

LMAO! Funny shit man!

UnderPressure
04-12-2007, 01:50 AM

very well put :lol:

iphondatek
04-12-2007, 02:01 AM
:twocents: I know when i did my drive shaft i almost got autozone, but they break fast. yes lifetime is good, very good. Napa has way better new, not remans, and they are cheaper and lifetime. Hopefully other states don't have different prices.

UnderPressure
04-13-2007, 02:03 AM
:twocents: I know when i did my drive shaft i almost got autozone, but they break fast. yes lifetime is good, very good. Napa has way better new, not remans, and they are cheaper and lifetime. Hopefully other states don't have different prices.

95% of axles are remans. ive ALWAYS used autozone axles. good price, and there oem replacements. if there being broken fast there being abused along with everything else. but ive never had any trouble with them, i mean im all about honda but im not gonna drain my wallet for the name or the fancy box...

iphondatek
04-13-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm just going on here say. I've never tried them. If you have used them and there cool then that's better then something i just heard. In chico at napa they are new oem and life time and cheaper. but trial is better than here-say.

UnderPressure
04-13-2007, 02:31 AM
we dont have napa around here, but just throwin some suggestions to save you some money, but it all comes down to preference, buy them from honda just to say you bought them, or save hella amount of money and get them from the zone with a lifetime warranty. and they do the same thing, turn. lol
goodluck

iNOhc
04-16-2007, 02:36 PM
oh SNAP!.. okay.. so if i need one replaced.. should i also replace the other one too?.. sorry.. i ripped a CV boot too!.. hahah!

99teg LS
04-19-2007, 09:12 AM
If you get a lifetime warrenty on a cheaper part it'd be smarter to get that..

Depends on your driving too, If you're just driving it as a car autozone should be fine. If you're beating the piss out of your car with heavy modifications its probably better to go after market over either of the 2.

well said!:thumbs up

Kuchtaboy
04-19-2007, 10:04 AM
oh SNAP!.. okay.. so if i need one replaced.. should i also replace the other one too?.. sorry.. i ripped a CV boot too!.. hahah!
no. If you are relpacing one, the other doesn't need to be replaced.

Are both boots ripped? In that case then you might want to look into 2 new ones. otherwise just get the one you need. Don't throw money at working parts, thats dumb