B20 MPG in a G3

I'm being kinda lazy and dont feel like searching too far so I'll ask here.
On average how many miles per tank should one expect from a 96 auto b20 teg? My mpg has been depressing me, less then 300 a tank. No engine light, so I dunno what the deal is.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I used to get 320-345 miles per tank out of my GSR even if I raped it. 200 seems way low, I can get more than that out of my GSX if I drive like a sane person

k624ash

just custom make yourself a bigger tank!
The more acurate way to measure is to hit the trip clock when you fill up. The next time you get gas, divide your miles by the amount of gas you put in. This works best if you fill the tank all the way to the top.

when i got my car i was getting around 17-18mpg, did some mantaince and now im up to 24-25mpg.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
What is the MPG your getting? Less than 300 a tank doesn't narrow it down for us very much. I wouldn't expect better than upper 20's MPG from a 2.0 liter engine with an auto tranny in a G3. What are your mods? Maybe you need a tune.

gotlud3

rofl dang, my 99 gsr only gets ~200 on a full tank for both city and freeway driving combined. i wish i can get more mileage out of the car -_-

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
are you going by the gas light or the needle?

I know on G2's the needle is full of shit. lol, you can go 200 miles before half a tank, then bomb to only 100 on the next half. I always go by the light/320 miles. Which ever comes first. lol

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
gotlud3 said:
rofl dang, my 99 gsr only gets ~200 on a full tank for both city and freeway driving combined. i wish i can get more mileage out of the car -_-
Stop reving so far, that'd help with gas mileage a lot! Also your driving habbits. If you're punching it and raping your gas petal EVERYWHERE you're going to get shitty mileage.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Kuchtaboy said:
I know on G2's the needle is full of shit. lol, you can go 200 miles before half a tank, then bomb to only 100 on the next half.
Very true. I hate my tegs gas gauge, it angers me.

k624ash

Ominous G2 said:
Very true. I hate my tegs gas gauge, it angers me.
the gauge on my 95 civic was the worst, it hardly even gave you a general idea of how much you have left. i had to rely on the trip clock

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
My gauge is accurate,never let me down at least.....Best I got out of my teg is 30mpg mostly highway, I usuaully get 25-30 a tank nowadays

tisguy

im getting 26/27 mpg consistent. i had a siezed caliper and i was getting 20mpg for 2 months =T. sad =(