Car shuts down after 5 minutes of driving???

craigcrizzle

Hey guys. I got a 95 integra 1.8. Anyways. My car just started turning itself off when the engine gets warmed up. It just started doing this outta nowhere. It wont start back up till it cools down after about 20- 30 minutes it will start right back up with no issue. drive again till it gets warm and it turns off again. theres no CEL and when it dies and i try to restart it hot, theres not even a reading of cranks on the rpm gauge. I have a leak in one of the hoses coming off the block leaking radiator fluid. could this cause a vacuum problem, and if so would the car just turn off??? I was thinking distributor, but im so broke and $200 is a bit much for me right now. If you have an idea please help, if you have an extra distributor lying around you dont want or need also let me know. My e-mail is craigcrizzle@yahoo.com. or answer here. Thanks Guys!!!

Oh yeah, checked fuel pump its good, main relay clicks. timing belt is on and good and its not a fuel vacuum seal. Anything will help...

GSR FTW

that sounds like ur engine is ecu is saving ur motor from overheating fix the radiator leak and see if that works

craigcrizzle

what is a lat??? and my temp gauge never goes up past its normal spot so would the ecu still shut my car off if theres no sign of overheat, just a small hose is leaking but it does gush and it seems the radiator never sends fluid back into the overflow.... It seems to turn off only once the engine gets to its normal temp spot... Im so confused

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
ignition module time.

craigcrizzle

where is the ect sensor?? i said the fuel pump primes and i have 38 lbs of fuel pressure on my gauge. so i know its not fuel related, ect makes sense but where the heck is that thing???

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
you need to check for spark when its not starting, then u need to verify injector pulse.