cranks but No Spark in my 90 Acura Integra

tEgGrA91

Hi I'm new here but I've been reading some of the threads trying to find a solution for my problem but can't find any. So here's the situation, I have a 1990 acura integra gs with a B18A1. It's an automatic transmission. I'm getting spark from my ignition coil but it seems to stop at the cap. I've replaced the main relay, cap and rotor, and ignition module. I also checked my fuses, spark plugs and wires, and they are all good. im getting power to the ignition coil and ignition module and the batter is at good cranking amps too. I checked my neutral safety switch and its working fine. the car cranks but it doesnt sound like its wanting to turn over all the way. it doesnt even spit or sputter. the engine has a little under 70,000 on it. its a non vtech btw. i love this car and i really dont want to sell it but im so stumped that i dont know what to do. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

tEgGrA91

Firing order correct? Spark plug gap correct?
How do you know you're not getting spark past the cap?
Yeah my firing order is correct and i the spark plug gap is fine too. and i know im not getting spark past the cap because when i do a spark test for the ignition coil, i get spark. but when i put the cap on and do a spark test there is no spark. thats why i got a new ignition module, cap, and rotor. i looked for people with similar problems but this one seems unique cause i cant find anyone else that has this problem.

swilk

Sounds dumb, but how did you check for a spark? Also did you "test" the spark plug wires or repalce them>?

tEgGrA91

i checked for spark by taking a spark plug wire and put it in the ignition coil and put a spark plug in the other end and grounded the spark plug and tried cranking it and there wasnt any spark. and the spark plugs are only 2 months old.

tEgGrA91

I replaced my main relay. along with the ignition module, cap, rotor, and spark plugs. i just checked my neutral safety switch and its working correctly too. is there any part these integras have that prevent it from getting spark? im not too familiar with acuras yet. im almost getting to the point of having to sell it so i can get back and forth to work and school but i really dont want to. its just all going to depend on if what ever is wrong with it.

g6qwerty

Test your Spark Plug Wire's Resistance it should be less than 25,000 ohms. Also I had a problem where my Ignitor died on my car so the coil tested good but no spark. Also make sure the spark isn't grounding out before it reaches the cap or rotor.

99TegLs

Have check your timing.your belt might have skip a tooth
Listen to him. I actually had sheared my woodruff key, which is a vital part to holding your crankshaft together. This is a problem if you high-rev on a cold engine. Have that checks. its a 20 dollar piece.

tEgGrA91

Test your Spark Plug Wire's Resistance it should be less than 25,000 ohms. Also I had a problem where my Ignitor died on my car so the coil tested good but no spark. Also make sure the spark isn't grounding out before it reaches the cap or rotor.
Well I just replaced my ignitor when this whole spark things has been going on. its brand new. how do i test to see if the spark is grounding out before it reaches the cap or rotor? what do i look for? and do you know how to diagnose that?

tEgGrA91

Listen to him. I actually had sheared my woodruff key, which is a vital part to holding your crankshaft together. This is a problem if you high-rev on a cold engine. Have that checks. its a 20 dollar piece.
wow, i never even heard of that. I will deffinetly get that checked. im going to do a valve cover gasket change later next week when i get paid so when i do that ill be sure to check that out. thanks every one for all the help. im really hoping i can figure out what is wrong so i dont have to sell it.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
i had a similar problem...it was a bad distributor...all was fine afterwords once it was replaced...just another suggestion.

tEgGrA91

i had a similar problem...it was a bad distributor...all was fine afterwords once it was replaced...just another suggestion.
yeah im going to be replacing that too once i get paid. i watched a vid on youtube and it said that if i have oil in my cap, which i do around the rim, then chances are the dizzy is bad. thanks for the suggestion man :)