Help on Tokico HP Blue Struts/Shocks

DOHCtor88

Anti-Drag racing crew #07
I'm getting some Tokico Struts/Shocks for my car for a good deal.. but im wounder if Tokico's are good or not.. My stock shocks are blown so i really need one.. I was plannin to save up for Koni Yellow but its gonna take me a while.. I'm thinking of just getting the Tokico blue for temproary.. Anyone know whats the price range and how good they work ? Any idea ? Thanks..

Last edited:

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
I'm Rockin The Blues right now, I dont like them, only b/c I had KYB AGX's before. They're lower on skunk2s have been for about 6 months now and have not blown. Everyone who drives my car likes the way it drive and takes bumps, but like I said, I'm use to better. Hope that helps

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I know a guy that loved his, had them on a set of Tein S-tech springs. Said it rode better than stock, also looked hot as hell on his 97 accord sedan with 18s.

DOHCtor88

Ominous G2 said:
I know a guy that loved his, had them on a set of Tein S-tech springs. Said it rode better than stock, also looked hot as hell on his 97 accord sedan with 18s.
Oh really.. I wanna know if it will handle well when im doing road racing..

DOHCtor88

I was doing some research on it.. What do u guys think ?

TOKICO’s HP Series – the famous “Blue Shock” – continues to be the overwhelming choice of performance enthusiasts looking for the best in overall handling and ride quality. The HP Series damping typifies TOKICO’s valving flexibility and philosophy by minimizing low speed damping force and greatly increasing damping at medium and high piston speeds for improved compliance, tire adhesion and handling.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
not sure about the blues, but i have ground control coilovers and tockico illuminas (adjustable) on my eclipse and it rides beautifully.

DOHCtor88

Hopefully.. Im getting a used one from my homie for cheap.. Hopefully it'll do good when i do road racing..

DOHCtor88

MidniteFreedom said:
go buy them i have them on mine. so far no problem with my ride and ride nice!
Is it good for handling ? Cause i do road racing.. My stock shocks are blown..

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
i got tokico blues and skunk2 springs...the skunk2 race springs really dumped my shit.....the setup isnt that bad it rides ok ...

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
tokico blue's are the base model of their shocks/struts. How much did you pay for them? there's a seller on ebay that sells them for like 220 free shipping.

the tokico blues are OK, way better than stock tho so thats a big plus, especially if your car is dropped you need aftermarket shocks. had them with the eibach sportlines, very comfortable and stiff at the same time. hitting the turns like nada