Paint, Root Beer.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
Hey guys, I am saving and preping for paint and I have a question about colors. I have seen 2nd gens out there that have that "root Beer" color all the time and I have also seen black that changes to root beer depending on light. Do you guys know what color is it or how to make the color change like that. If you guys don't know what I mean I have a pic below. Is it just the sun on black. It looks like an undercoat maybe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

COLOR IS ROOT BEER METALLIC!!!

Last edited:

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I almost can't beleive how good it looks on the DA. That's why I'm askin. Someone somewhere else told me it's red flakes in the clear coat? Beats me. All I know is I want it.

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
I don't want to ask them and have them think they know what they are doing just so I can waste the money. I want to make sure that I can tell them exactly how to do it. I hear so many bad things about paint shops but that is my only option. but that might help me find out cuz they might know.

AmberLynne

hmmm well my brothers truck before he totaled it was black faded into dark green. Two colors.

speedin

The Transporter
Its pearlescent paint, my Subaru has it. My car is black, but in the light it shines deep blue, at night its almost completely blue. Ive had people ask if it was a different car sometimes, lol. Even have 2 tickets with 2 different colors!

unvmy98ls

"Lucid Dreamin"
Its pearlescent paint, my Subaru has it. My car is black, but in the light it shines deep blue, at night its almost completely blue. Ive had people ask if it was a different car sometimes, lol. Even have 2 tickets with 2 different colors!
HAHAHAHA yes now that is what I like to hear. Do you have any idea what combo would be used to make the blck/brown or would it just be black to brown pearlescent?