4x100 to 4x114.3 adapter? Safe?

steve-o_585

I found some Riken wheels for really cheap on Craigslist & the wheels size is 15X8 which is what im looking for, only problem is the wheels bolt pattern is 4x114.3 which sucks. So what do you guys think about the bolt pattern conversion? Is it safe? Will the wheels fit? BTW im goin to roll the fenders

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
^WHAT? Don't be a moron.

OP: What's the offset on the Rikens? The average conversion adapter is about 25mm thick. This would take a 15x8 +45 to effectively a 15x8 +20, which unless you want to do some fender work will likely be too low of an offset.

Also, how much are the Rikens? Unless they're about $150 or less, they're not worth it; and even then, still probably not worth it.

As for safety, as long as you check it often...it probably will be fine, not as good as wheels that actually fit doe.

dlo253

if it just the 4 holes no cuz u need a 4x100 bolt pattern, but if it has 8 holes then yes
Dude read the title And post before providing input. He's asking about adapters...... but I'm sure your input is appreciated?! Hahaha

RonnieJ86

So what do you guys think about the bolt pattern conversion? Is it safe? Will the wheels fit? BTW im goin to roll the fenders
he was asking if they fit and i gave him the answer to sum it up. wheels that are pattern to 4x114.3 and have 8 hole will fit a 4x100 pattern. if it has only 4 hole then it wont no matter what u do.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/21-wheels-tires/190250-would-rota-c8-4x100-fit-4x114-3-a.html

read the whole tread and youll see people say the same thing regardless of what wheel it is and have seen people do it before with a 8 hole wheel.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
RonnieJ. STOP.

He asked if it is safe to use one of these:

He didn't ask for an idiotic response that basically says this:

If the wheels are 4x100 you can use them.

I THINK WE ALL KNOW THIS.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
he was asking if they fit and i gave him the answer to sum it up. wheels that are pattern to 4x114.3 and have 8 hole will fit a 4x100 pattern. if it has only 4 hole then it wont no matter what u do.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/21-wheels-tires/190250-would-rota-c8-4x100-fit-4x114-3-a.html

read the whole tread and youll see people say the same thing regardless of what wheel it is and have seen people do it before with a 8 hole wheel.
Derp lol

@steve-o gbaby's information is correct

BeatBox

Real Good!
I found some Riken wheels for really cheap on Craigslist & the wheels size is 15X8 which is what im looking for, only problem is the wheels bolt pattern is 4x114.3 which sucks. So what do you guys think about the bolt pattern conversion? Is it safe? Will the wheels fit? BTW im goin to roll the fenders
IMO not worth it, specially for what the adapters go for
BTW not sure what wheels u are looking at but i bet it will prob look mexi flush :(

BUT as far as the adapters being safe, if installed correctly yes!
i have some on the rear of my jimmy to make up for the difference in axles(front/back) and they have been fine for over 5yrs(with stock wheels and tires, aswell as with 24in wheels that weigh 80lbs each)

to install them right u clean up the hub on the car of any corrosion and then put the adapter on, alittle lock right on the studs and tighten it right up, MAKE SURE TO TORQUE IT! then just bolt on your wheel like normal, and torque again, drive it a few days and check the torque on everything

NOT SURE isnt there a honda out there where u can change the whole hub assembly on, to end up with that 4x114.3 bolt pattern on your car?

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Its definitely not worth it to do a full 96 ITR 4x114 swap to fit some wheels, especially when I've never seen a set of Rikens for more than $200.

$200 wheels + $500 hub swap = $700 = Used Volks/SSR/Advans/BBS