bad motor mounts?

Colton870

My engine clunks and the car lurches forward when I take my foot off the pedal at slow speeds and it does the same thing when I push the pedal in even slightly. Do you think my mounts are bad or is this normal for a manual trans car?

JGvtec

My engine clunks and the car lurches forward when I take my foot off the pedal at slow speeds and it does the same thing when I push the pedal in even slightly. Do you think my mounts are bad or is this normal for a manual trans car?
Did you just start driving a manual trans car? If your at a higher speed in lets say second and let off you will feel the car slow down, but i don't know about lurching forward like that. Clunking and engine lurching forward sounds like your having trouble getting out of 1st :lol:

sumfilipinodude

Yeah, sounds like your rear motor mount is bad. If you're driving and release your foot from the gas, you should feel the car kinda kick back a little. Your engine is flexing and you should replace it. What kind of car do you drive?

mjones73

Mine does the same thing in 1st, I park in a garage daily and there's a bunch of speed bumps in it, so there's times when I don't get enough speed to warrant shifting out of 1st, I have to ease off the gas or I feel the motor buck and the shift linkage rock with it in my hand. I'm guessing I'm due for some new mounts too. From what I can tell none of them are torn, just guessing old age is getting to them. I was thinking about adding the energy suspension kit to stiffen them up.

mirrorimg

It may very well be the mounts.

Does it in my car too, more so when the car is first started up. I just feather the clutch and throttle to negate it.

B18_?

Yea its the mounts I looked at mine nd thought the same but wen I upgraded to new steel mounts I sat that the back one was completely torn off but since it sits in its original position it looked as if it wasn't torn...I suggest change nd upgrade while your at it instead of energy inserts..but that's just me

72Spitfire

When choosing motor mounts....remember stiffer means more vibration. I went from OEM to a Polyurethane set and my car vibrates like crazy now. I spend everyday fixing some new rattle inside a door, or dash, or etc. I would stick with OEM unless your running a hot engine with lotsa HP.