lower seat rails??

pbteg11

pbteg11
hey i was just wonderin if there are any different seat rails i coulp swap into my car to make my seat sit lower? I am also open to other ideas lol

pbteg11

pbteg11
those rails are 194 dollars for each side and the don't work on reclining bucket seats. The reason i want the lower rails is because i don't wanna put aftermarket racing seats in a four door and kill the all leather flow

TheSkygun

I just want to lower so my head isn't so close to the roof. 194 each plus racing seats is pricey haha

TheSkygun

I haven't had any luck looking around for a way to do this and keeping the stock seats.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
bump, I'd like to lower my seat too. is it possible to cut the bracket and re-weld it? or is there a little less labor intensive way to sit lower?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
depends on the seat. leather seats with the knobs on the side for the seat sit a bit higher than say a cloth GSR seat which sits higher than a s2000 seat. which sits about the same as a del sol seat. There is some differences in the actual rail too, some of them have a spacer on the rear right corner (where you put bolts in) where its flat instead of angled im not sure if those rails are a tad different in height. but if you want that low seat feeling the s2000 seats make a big difference from an adjustable leather seat and a tad difference between cloth You can really tell the difference too, im not tall but i hit my knee on the steering column when i heel toe with the wheel all the way up sometimes with cloth gsr seats, never with a bucket or a s2k seat.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
Alright, its weird though because I rode shotgun in my car today (I let me girlfriend drive..what the hell was I thinking?) and the passenger seat feels like its 3 feet lower! In reality its maybe an inch or less, but i liked it. is there something different between the driver's and passenger seats? its an LS with cloth seats (not sure if it makes a difference)

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Also curious about this. Being 6'2", if I sit properly my head rests on the headliner. I have to sit ricer-style to keep my head from hitting the roof.

bkirshr

User that is Registered
I'm 6'1" too, and i wouldn't say i'm uncomfortable..I just noticed that thepassenger side was a lot lower. I'll have to look at them and see what the differences are

EDIT: Is everyone else's the same? I didn't realize it was only my car..haha

Last edited: