B18c1 turbo build advice

Hunter1208

Integralove
So I've been looking into building a gsr for about a year I've loved acuras ever since my first ride in my brothers 92 ls. After researching about maybe a k series I've decieded to stick with the b18c1. My hp goals around from 350-450. I want to make sure everything is over done to make Sure the engine as reliable as possible and also leave room to grow. So pretty much what I'm looking for is some advice with what brand of internals, intake, header, turbo,exhaust .... Etc. Also wondering if I would need to upgrade the fuel system and if I do what size of fuel injectors. I'm pretty much set on using hondata heard great things. Also with cams I don't want a crazy idle I'm keeping a/c, powersteering I want to keep the car street drive able. Also wanted to know opinion on vtec killer cams, wondering if getting ride of vtec would make more reliable. I've thought of getting tein coilovers and strut supports not trying to go crazy on suspension don't have tracks were I live, but with more hp need better control. was also thinking about upgrading brake lines and get slotted/drilled brake rotors, but heard of issues with warping. also wondering about sleeving, if i should do it and if so who I should send it to. also is it worth it to port and polish the heads? . With the tranny thinking about getting carbon coated syncros and a LSD, any other ideas to make tranny more reliable much apprecited. Sorry about all of the questions I'm only 21 currently going to school for automechanics, I have always loved cars just lack the knowlege like many people on here have so just trying to research and do it right. Also if anyone knows of any good tuner near pendleton OR if not Portland is only 4 hrs away I can find a way down there. Any advice much appreciated

mjones73

Excellent build thread to read about boosting a B18C1, his goal is 10's, you can see the list of parts he used to strengthen the motor - http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=52998

Honestly at the power levels you're looking for, a well built non VTEC boosted b-series would simplify things.

Please edit your post and break it into paragraphs to make it easier to read when you have a chance, thanks.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Excellent build thread to read about boosting a B18C1, his goal is 10's, you can see the list of parts he used to strengthen the motor - http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=52998

Honestly at the power levels you're looking for, a well built non VTEC boosted b-series would simplify things.

Please edit your post and break it into paragraphs to make it easier to read when you have a chance, thanks.
Too bad that the guy who owns that car, is a dickhead :lol: 350whp can be done on stock sleeves even though most on here will go ape shit for me saying that lol. If you want to upgrade internal Eagle/Cp/arp is always a good setup for the 400whp area. Once you start trying to get into bigger power i.e above 500, you gotta start replacing a lot of other things, i.e fuel lines, sleeving block, yadda yadda yadda. Here is a really good link to show you what parts you need to make what power, now granted this isn't an exact science type thing, but I would listen to Jeff Evans

http://articles.evans-tuning.com/2009/03/25/b-series-horsepower-to-part-charts/

You don't have to go with the exact same brands he list, just gives you an idea of what simlar parts you can go with to make certain power levels.

mjones73

Yeah I hear he's a real prick... ;)

excuse my sarcasm :D

Hunter1208

Integralove
Too bad that the guy who owns that car, is a dickhead :lol: 350whp can be done on stock sleeves even though most on here will go ape shit for me saying that lol. If you want to upgrade internal Eagle/Cp/arp is always a good setup for the 400whp area. Once you start trying to get into bigger power i.e above 500, you gotta start replacing a lot of other things, i.e fuel lines, sleeving block, yadda yadda yadda. Here is a really good link to show you what parts you need to make what power, now granted this isn't an exact science type thing, but I would listen to Jeff Evans

http://articles.evans-tuning.com/2009/03/25/b-series-horsepower-to-part-charts/

You don't have to go with the exact same brands he list, just gives you an idea of what simlar parts you can go with to make certain power levels.

Thanks very much that link was very helpful...

Does anyone have any inputs for sus? Not looking to spend thousands for coilovers just want something that lowers the car and inch or two and rides really good

Hunter1208

Integralove
Ok after researching some turbos I thought I'd ask for some advice on turbo's i'm thinking about T3/60-1 , T4/60-1 and also what a/r should I get? I found that the smaller a/r the quicker the turbo spools but the more backpressure it will have and will limit output. What would work best to keep turbo reliable as possible and reach my 350-450hp easily

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
T3/T4 .57 trim with a ar around 63 would be pretty hard to beat on the street with those power levels. It'd spool nice and quick and still make the power you want. I had a 60-1 from my buddies DA build that he parted out, on his built LS it didn't start making power til over 4k rpms, a little laggy imo for under 400hp...

Hunter1208

Integralove
T3/T4 .57 trim with a ar around 63 would be pretty hard to beat on the street with those power levels. It'd spool nice and quick and still make the power you want. I had a 60-1 from my buddies DA build that he parted out, on his built LS it didn't start making power til over 4k rpms, a little laggy imo for under 400hp...

So what's the diff between the trim and ar? Is trim the intake size?

And were can I fund that turbo for sale?
And is that turbo oil or water cooled

Last edited:

Cripton805

Well here's one word of advice... Patience.
It seems like you want to tackle the whole project already. lol

Start to introduce yourself. Let us know what car you have. Your goals. What you would like to start with first. etc...

Take it slow and is the best advice to build a reliable built engine.

Hunter1208

Integralove
I'm not meaning to sound impatient, and honestly I prob won't be able to even start on this build for at least six months I just like to learn as much as I can. I want to research everything and find prices to see what everything will cost. Anyways I appreciate the help it has helped me very much