im new to car modifications

migulhernadez

so i got myself a 89 integra rs and i dont know an thing about after market parts i wanted to get coilovers but i dont know if i can just get any brand coilovers, is there any brand and size, or however coilovers are named and identified, that you guys would recomend also i want a ducktail for my car but i dont know if i can just buy a random ducktail of the internet. cosmetics is not my priority but i would like to know. thats about it right now if u guys got some info you can share please do because like i said i dont know shiz about upgrades and modifications :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
So you bought a car that has next to no aftermarket support, don’t know shit about cars, and want to turn it into a fuckboi mobile...?

Go away.

R13

The other asshole
I may be wrong here, but do 1st gens not have torsion bars up front instead of springs/struts?

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
I may be wrong here, but do 1st gens not have torsion bars up front instead of springs/struts?
Looking at a parts schematic, the shock absorber tube just goes straight in to the knuckle. Can't he just loosen the bolt tightening down the tube to the knuckle and physically pull down the tube to be lower? :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Looking at a parts schematic, the shock absorber tube just goes straight in to the knuckle. Can't he just loosen the bolt tightening down the tube to the knuckle and physically pull down the tube to be lower? :rolf:

Torsion bars are adjustable, but only like 1-2 inches.

I was just pointing out that he wants coilovers and I’m pretty sure 1g’s have torsion bars in the front :rolf:

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
This guy is going to have a bad time trying to soup up a car that's nearly 30 years old...

R13

The other asshole
That’s not even the problem, people trick out first gen civics

Nobody likes first gen integra’s tho :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
First gen Civics at least had some aftermarket in it’s day, however small it is now. Just look at the old Jackson Racing cars.

The problem with 1G Integra’s is that the tiny aftermarket that exists for them is overshadowed by the DA and DC, which can be had for not much more than a 1G.

Every modded 1G has a ton of custom work done, and it’s still slow and handles like shit.

migulhernadez

i am learning

lol im really stupid and yah i found out there is literally no aftermarket support i guess im leaving cosmetics stock oem and just upgrade engine ill maybe swap it out for a b16 or just keep it as a daily i guess and yes i did find out that there is no springs in front but there is front torsion bar suspension. and no this wont be a fuckboi mobile i dont plan on ricing this thing.... does anyone know where i can get a stock spoiler for my integra at least????

R13

The other asshole
Just keep an eye out on eBay and Craigslist and one will pop up.

Could do some subtle stuff like wheels and go for a vintage jdm style

96LSteg

Jemel
Just do a restore in this case. The aftermarket for this car is minimal. Just make this care be mint af

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk