Ls motor B16 transmission

dylan

So i have an ls motor with a b16 tranny and i was wondering if you guys think its a plus because some of my freinds say the only thing the b16 tanny is doing is giving me less torque and its actualy worse. and do you think it would beat a gsr off a drag both with intake and headers?

justjdm

DB8 Whore
It's actually giving you more torque due to shorter gears in the B16 than the LS. If you slap a Vtec head on it, you'l be all set! I don't think it would beat a GSR trans though due to the GSR having a few shorter gears than the B16 unless you got a LSD in it. A B16 trans is a step above an LS trans.

dylan

yeah i lost lol, its all good tho ima save up for a gsr head soon, and how much would it cost to rebuild the b16 tranny mines going out?

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Depends on what's wrong, could be simple and cheap or could be as much as $1000+

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
It's actually giving you more torque due to shorter gears in the B16 than the LS. If you slap a Vtec head on it, you'l be all set! I don't think it would beat a GSR trans though due to the GSR having a few shorter gears than the B16 unless you got a LSD in it. A B16 trans is a step above an LS trans.
im curious as to how you get more torque from your engine by having shorter gears