91 Integra LS DA9 Turbo Questions.

Jesse_Heck

So im new to this forum so dont grill me if i posted wrong. What do I need to have done to my engine to handle a turbo? Its my daily driver so i cant afford to have my engine pop after 6 months. Does anyone know how much it will cost to have my block rebuilt to handle a turbo and have a turbo installed. Is there anything i need to do with the drivetrain or clutch to handle extra power?

Jdmrust23

Am going to turbo my DA stock everything how much pounds can it
Handel with stock ecu am not tryin to tune it yet

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
Am going to turbo my DA stock everything how much pounds can it
Handel with stock ecu am not tryin to tune it yet
refer to post above yours.

you don't use the stock ecu to handle the power without a tune, it's stupid and ludicrous , and psi means absolutely nothing. the same psi across different types of turbos will produce different results. I can tell from your post you're trying to do this as cheaply as possible which is bad. be patient and research and you will do your build properly. but if you can't put the effort into properly looking this stuff up then your build will reflect that.

stormnorman

look at my build thread. i did stock engine w/ ebay/Godspeed kit. all i regret is getting a decent tune, clutch, and oil feed line

Last edited:

Jdmrust23

No I am going to tune it but am asking can I drive the car with the turbo without chipping the ecu or tuning it
I have the turbo already that's just my question

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
No you can't. You will damage the engine

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
No I am going to tune it but am asking can I drive the car with the turbo without chipping the ecu or tuning it
I have the turbo already that's just my question
based on this question alone you shouldn't even turbo your car to begin with. seriously.. you have a lot more reading up to do. a turbo isn't a toy and proper maintenance is even more important. yes you can run the car with the turbo without an ecu upgrade.....if you like melting pistons and launching rods through your block....