Weight Reduction Keeping A/C,P/S, CC, SRS

DAs_an_DCs

Hi jus thought id post a thread about the weight reduction ive done to my car so far. I've made it a point to keep my creature features and interior (minus the rear seats). Also im looking for good ideas for more weight reduction without taking out A/C P/S Cruis Control or SRS, also id like to keep my ABS.

Itr brakes +12
Subs, box, rear windshield wiper -46
Rear seats -25.5
Wires, cpillar bar, bracket, carpet -12
Speakers, -5
Winshield cleaner resivior (full) -6
Antena motor, sealer shit, rear seatbelts -7
Copressor fan, pas floor pad, sub wire an fuse -6.5
Pas knee bar -3
Sound tar all rear an under fron seats -22

+12
121 pounds total wieght loss

Car wieght before
2525 (JDM Front GSR already light from DC headers, Exhaust, Rims/Tires)

Im tryn to get under 2400

Last edited:

STL99Teggy

Honda Connoisseur
Hi jus thought id post a thread about the weight reduction ive done to my car so far. I've made it a point to keep my creature features and interior (minus the rear seats). Also im looking for good ideas for more weight reduction without taking out A/C P/S Cruis Control or SRS, also id like to keep my ABS.

Itr brakes +12
Subs, box wiper -46
Rear seats -25.5
Wires, cpillar bar, bracket, carpet -12
Speakers, -5
Winshield cleaner resivior (full) -6
Antena motor, sealer shit, rear seatbelts -7
Copressor fan, pas floor pad, sub wire an fuse -6.5
Pas knee bar -3
Sound tar all rear an under fron seats -22

+12
121 pounds total wieght loss

Car wieght before
2525 (JDM Front GSR already light from DC headers, Exhaust, Rims/Tires)

Im tryn to get under 2400
Get April 2010 Import tuner they have a section called ultimate efficiency. The article is about an integra and how to lose weight. Switching to Carbon Fiber would save you alot of weight

Get April 2010 Import tuner they have a section called ultimate efficiency. The article is about an integra and how to lose weight. Switching to Carbon Fiber would save you alot of weight
That artilce was actually pretty good. It has some good insight for those new to weight reduction.

XxCaryxX

Boo, I couldn't find it on the magazine's website. :(

I found Ultimate Efficiency Part 1, but it wasn't about weight reduction.

j13

Keep It Clean
Spare tire, jack, tools, rear side panals, under the rear hatch, the plastic panal is about 5lbs alone. Spoiler, floor mat, cig' lighter, papers in glove box, dust, trash under front seats....jk lol but yeah you still have some stuff to shave off some pounds...why do you want to do a weight reduction? Track?

Also I think by removing the seat belts is a ticket if you get caught...removing the seats is fine, but the seat belts is a no-no...

mirrorimg

Remove the dash. Fab up a little mount for a tach and a speedo.

Take your sunroof out. Replace it with a cap, or a manual pop sunroof.

wite2nr

removing a/c, p/s, abs and cruise would make the biggest difference in weight reduction, especially since all of those items are over the front wheels and removing them helps not only in the overall weight reduction of the vehicle but also helps with making your car more balanced. plus, it helps clean up the bay :) I believe the jdm front is lighter already, so that helps. I just redid my headliner in suede and can tell you the sunroof assembly is pretty hefty. replacing the glass with a cap and removing the motor and any other unnecessary parts would shave a few lbs, as would removing the rear wiper/motor and replacing with a plug. and just wondering... what's the point of all this weight reduction? I mean if its a dd, I would rather have full int over something like ps or cruise. a/c is a must here in the desert, but in many regions it came optional and people just bare through the summer months. if you are trying to make an all out drag car, obviously things like lexan windows, fuel cell, and cutting out structural supports such as door shells and bumper reinforcements play a key role in weight reduction... if you are going for fuel economy then believe it or not extensive aero mods have been proven to play a more critical role than most people think. sorry for the long paragraph.

DAs_an_DCs

Yeah 2200 is a lil too light for a teg, unless u went with a bunch of lexan and fiberglass/carbon fiber I don't see how that's possible. Thanks for all the insight, I think I'm gonna look into replacing the sunroof with lexan, I have a friend who works at a sign shop

Also considering
Intake manifold braket -2
Lightweight battery -12 or so
Itr console -2
And the sunroof delete

All these cost money (besides the I'M braket) so I'm still considering spending any money.

An yes I take my car to the drags, but its more of a why not its free type of attitude with the weight reduction I'm doing. An I haven't really sacrificed much of anything usefull so its jus free MPG, handeling and acceleration. I like free :)

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Removing subs and box shouldn't count as a weight reduction.

Weight reduction is pointless on a street car. To remove a significant amount of weight, you make the car un-streetable. Takes a 400 lb reduction to get 1 MPG increase.

Aero mods have a much larger effect on MPG (at freeway speeds) and 1/4 mile times. Ditch the spoiler and mud flaps. Then look into covering the large openings under the car such as the gap opposite the muffler.