Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
It had the factory steel bars, some Honda high rise bars, and at one time I had the old Yz's renthals on it, but they're steel because they're rusty inside :lol:

R13

The other asshole
When you're rearranging the garage and you realize you have 3 fucking bikes that are pieces of broken junk...

I'm just bike cursed at this point. :lol: Life thought it would be funny to give me motorcycles at a young age, then fuck up every one I have now that I'm an adult.

R13

The other asshole
So I took it apart AGAIN and found that either the #1 or #4 (The far left fucking cylinder :lol: ) is the one that's not firing.

As to why I'm not sure yet. I tested all the plugs and coils and they work fine. It seems like it's not getting fuel so perhaps a stuck injector. Another theory is that that injector is right at the FPR mounting location so perhaps that's affecting it.

Still no money for parts, I'm just logging all my findings to help track down this issue... still ticking like a motherfucker, no explanation. I've double triple checked the valve lash two different times and always find it to feel pretty much perfect every time.

R13

The other asshole
F4i log:

I've swapped plugs, checked coils, and used the ol' screw driver to the ear injector test. Everything seems to be working. Intend to pick up a compression tester hose adapter that fits to check the compression. I fear a valve may be bent, but I have no solid evidence as it doesn't feel like anything's touching when I rotate the engine.

My only logical explanation thus far is that due to the FPR being between the fuel line and that lone injector it's causing it to not get enough (if any) fuel to fire said cylinder.

Working on getting a job at a glass factory, if all goes well this turd will be even more temporary than originally planned.

R13

The other asshole
Rusty gixxer boy now has a crf 450. Wonder if it'll sit outside too...

He's also riding it around the neighborhood... we know how long that lasted for me :lol:

R13

The other asshole
I'm not even mad at this point. Just tired of things going exactly as expected.

Whatever. Saves me from being the guy on the beat up cbr.

R13

The other asshole
Talked to a friend/acquaintance that works there, gave him my name. I have to apply through an employment agency, but as soon as I do said friend is going to get his manager to call the agency to get me in.

Assuming it works out (He talks like it's a pretty sure thing) I'll start out at $13/hr, then if I prove dependable/valuable the actual factory will hire me and my pay will get bumped up to $18/hr.

Should be good hours and good pay. Maybe in 2-3 months time I can flat out pay for a clean XR, or an XB or something that's clean and reliable.