oil leak under distributor

importtunerman

importtunerman
there is a oil leak under my distributer, i was told it could be the outer o ring inside it. wat else could it be or does that sound like the problem and if so how hard would that be to replace?

importtunerman

importtunerman
i could take some but i dont know how to post a pic and like i replaced the cam cap thats beside the distributer. is there one in the distributer or somethin?

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
i could take some but i dont know how to post a pic and like i replaced the cam cap thats beside the distributer. is there one in the distributer or somethin?
yeah thats what im talking about, if you replaced that than its deffinetely your cam seal

heres a writeup on team integra on how to replace it
its not a 2nd gen but it wll give you a general idea
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=576

the dealership will charge you areoung 250-300 to replace it if you dont want to

Last edited:

VITOMAN1977

It's actually your distributor "o" ring. You have to remove your distributor in order to get to it. The o ring is a few dollars at the dealer. If you live in so cal i can help you do it, or even do it for you. I'm 100% percent sure that it is the o ring, i know the DA like the back of my hand. lol

Thanks,

Vito

If it's leaking at the distributor it's most likely the O ring. Though I have seen the distributor housing crack and oil start seeping out through the seal at the cap, it's not a prevalent issue. Check the O ring first, it is likely the culprit.

importtunerman

importtunerman
ya thats wat i thought i got the o ring and i live in east tennessee so i guess im gonna have to try it lol, how hard is it?