Really annoying beeping goes off randomly while driving.

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
MY 91 integra makes the same beep sound when you start the car randomly when I'm driving. It's not seat belts, and no warning lights on my dash turn on, so what could it be? It happens at the most random times and doesn't have a set pattern. The beep will go off once, twice, maybe even 10 times then stop.

whitedc4

Do u have a steering wheel with no air bag? Maybe it's like an srs going off. Usually mine only does that when I start the car

SeanDA9

I have had the same problem with mine since I bought it. Eventually some one told me to unplug passenger side seat belt ecu for about 30 seconds or so to reset it. it went away for about 2 years and has now recently came back. So I plan on doing it again when im not feeling lazy.

Mike61096

Do u have a steering wheel with no air bag? Maybe it's like an srs going off. Usually mine only does that when I start the car

I don't think so. I have my stock steering wheel. whether or not there's a problem with the airbag in there, i don't know.

Mike61096

I have had the same problem with mine since I bought it. Eventually some one told me to unplug passenger side seat belt ecu for about 30 seconds or so to reset it. it went away for about 2 years and has now recently came back. So I plan on doing it again when im not feeling lazy.
You mean the ecu under the carpet, under the kick plate on the passenger side?

wooker_nok

replace ur key cylinder or remove the column cover to reveal ur cylinder switch wiring and the key in reminder is damage or stuck in wrong position

Mike61096

replace ur key cylinder or remove the column cover to reveal ur cylinder switch wiring and the key in reminder is damage or stuck in wrong position
I have no idea how to do that

Mike61096

Well, I unplugged my ECU and seat belt detect wires and plugged em back in, but I don't think the beeping is gone.

krisx13

Schweet.
Sounds like your ICU (integrated control unit) could be going bad, is there anything else in your car that isn't working? like interior lights, intermittent wipers, radio? it's a pain in the ass to get to, its a grey box and it sits above the fuse panel under the dash

Mike61096

Sounds like your ICU (integrated control unit) could be going bad, is there anything else in your car that isn't working? like interior lights, intermittent wipers, radio? it's a pain in the ass to get to, its a grey box and it sits above the fuse panel under the dash
Nope, only thing that doesn't work is the rear defroster, and i think that may be the switch, because it doesn't have an on off action to it, it acts like a momentary switch and the light doesn't turn on.

krisx13

Schweet.
Nope, only thing that doesn't work is the rear defroster, and i think that may be the switch, because it doesn't have an on off action to it, it acts like a momentary switch and the light doesn't turn on.
i forgot to mention, the ICU also controls the rear defroster. this is probably the source of your problem lol. grab another one from the junkyard if you can

Mike61096

i forgot to mention, the ICU also controls the rear defroster. this is probably the source of your problem lol. grab another one from the junkyard if you can
I know it does, but I don't think it's going bad. I think the defroster is just the switch. Is the switch supposed to be push on, push off, or is it supposed to be momentary? And I don't have any junkyards near me. If it is the ICU which is a pain in a$$ to get to it's $45 to replace and a couple of hours to take out and replace :(

krisx13

Schweet.
I know it does, but I don't think it's going bad. I think the defroster is just the switch. Is the switch supposed to be push on, push off, or is it supposed to be momentary? And I don't have any junkyards near me. If it is the ICU which is a pain in a$$ to get to it's $45 to replace and a couple of hours to take out and replace :(
from what I know the defroster runs on a timed circuit, which is controlled by the icu. probably so it doesn't stay on and burn out or something, im not sure since i never have it on that long. but yes basically you should push it on and it'll either go off by itself or you turn it off. you can try replacing the switch but that still won't solve your beeping issues lol

Mike61096

from what I know the defroster runs on a timed circuit, which is controlled by the icu. probably so it doesn't stay on and burn out or something, im not sure since i never have it on that long. but yes basically you should push it on and it'll either go off by itself or you turn it off. you can try replacing the switch but that still won't solve your beeping issues lol
Yea haha I know all that, but that still doesn't answer my question. Is the defrost switch push on, push off? Or is it momentary? The timing circuit controlled by the ICU is set for 15 minutes by the way.

krisx13

Schweet.
Yea haha I know all that, but that still doesn't answer my question. Is the defrost switch push on, push off? Or is it momentary? The timing circuit controlled by the ICU is set for 15 minutes by the way.
ok well ive helped all i could. good luck.