fuel pump question

xusake

Ok edited! with the right info! here on you can see it. This picture belongs to CI member Andrew93

Now that the right info lol.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

Hondagod will probably have the best information on this, but since im here...

If its anything like a 3rd gen, it will be underneath/behind the rear seat. If you lift up the carpet you should be able to see a metal cover. You will most likely need to remove the seat to gain better access to it.

You remove the few screws holding the cover on, remove the rubber hoses and use rags to mop up any fuel that spills out, and remove the nuts holding the fuel pump in. Carefully slide the fuelpump out at an angle, and there you have it. Do the reverse to put a new one back in.

Also, it would be a good idea to open your gas cap to relieve some of the pressure in the system.

Xusake, thats the fuel filter ;)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
lol sell me those HX rim and ill teach you how, lol jk. But your fuel pump is located on your left side under the hood by the intake manifold it should look some thing like this.

Fuel filter ^

Hondagod will probably have the best information on this, but since im here...

If its anything like a 3rd gen, it will be underneath/behind the rear seat. If you lift up the carpet you should be able to see a metal cover. You will most likely need to remove the seat to gain better access to it.

You remove the few screws holding the cover on, remove the rubber hoses and use rags to mop up any fuel that spills out, and remove the nuts holding the fuel pump in. Carefully slide the fuelpump out at an angle, and there you have it. Do the reverse to put a new one back in.

Also, it would be a good idea to open your gas cap to relieve some of the pressure in the system.

Xusake, thats the fuel filter ;)
Exactly what you said, under the seats. unplug the negative on the battery first though..

mirrorimg

Oh yes. We dont want any sparks flying with an open fuel tank :oops:

I also forgot to mention there is a plug that goes into the fuelpump that needs to be removed. Depending on where you buy from, you may need to reuse a clip on that plug on your new fuel pump.

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
lol I was like wtf when I seen the fuel filter.... Yeah you can def just lift that seat up, unbolt the lumbar seats, and then the one bolt in the middle of the bucket that is holding it down and lift. After that they got it all down up there

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
I think there is a write up on g2ic.com that goes into detail about doing the swap. it's easy just time consuming.

xusake

:rolf::crazy: Sorry I post the wrong info! please excuse it!. Dam what in the world was I thinking he said fuel pump not filter LMAO!. Now for that I'm gonna end up with a bad name :???: