DC header or Hytech for GSR

gingas

Whats up with everyone on C I. Just joined so whats up? I've been hearing some things about the hytech header as far as perf, ground clearance etc vs DC headers & def. the cost. I have a SSBP 98 GSR. I have a AEM sri, & just got my WS2 last week. I'm not looking to spend a rack of money but good performance .My car is stock height for now Now I don't want to change my cat because in MD have to go through emissions .

Thanks8)

Daybid

Dump or Die.
hytech deletes cat.
hytech sits lower than your oilpan.
hytech has a lot more power gains.
hytech isnt carb legal unless you buy mines haha.

if your worried about cat.. then just get dc.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Also, you won't see impressive gains out of that Hytech unless you add some cams and (or at the very least) tune the motor properly.

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
To make most out of your current setup, you're better off with a DC Sports, CT Engineering, or GReddy header.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
To make most out of your current setup, you're better off with a DC Sports, CT Engineering, or GReddy header.
In short, this is absolutely true. The Hytech header is designed as a race header, aimed at highly modified cars that are pushing a lot more air and fuel out of that motor. It's also designed to maximize flow - again, for race cars that use a powerband between 6 and 9k+ rpms. Not really an ideal setup for the street. If you just slap the Hytech on your car, you're not doing yourself any favors.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
In short, this is absolutely true. The Hytech header is designed as a race header, aimed at highly modified cars that are pushing a lot more air and fuel out of that motor. It's also designed to maximize flow - again, for race cars that use a powerband between 6 and 9k+ rpms. Not really an ideal setup for the street. If you just slap the Hytech on your car, you're not doing yourself any favors.
Buying a HyTech header and slapping it on an internally stock motor would be quite funny. No offense to the OP. :thumbs up