Vistas finest 97' Integra LS -

Picked up this APB 97' LS Sedan 5 speed Stock. 101k OG miles

Previous owners cut all the springs and destroyed the suspension and had it on these after market 16's. It's a clean title, small accident on passenger side doors. I picked it up from a marine off CL for $950.

So far I just...

Replaced oil pan and gasket
Changed oil and filter with a generic chevron 5-30 & Lucas oil treatment, and a Mobil 1 filter
Replaced PVC valve
Cleaned IACV
Changed spark plugs /w NGK iridium
Putting in NGK blue spark plug wires #8041
Transmission oil changed

Had the car inspected at SAE motorsports and compression tested came out all cylinders @ 183-187psi. Needs new ball joints, tie rods, bushings , struts are blown out, springs are cut.

Smogging the car and registering then taking care of the suspension so I can ride around legit. I will then start with my bolt ons I/H/E.

Car recently had a gates racing timing belt, water pump, cap and rotor replaced, new cam seal, new main relay @96k.

Car goes into shop on Thursday.

Last edited:
I have access to a shop , my buddy works at I could probably get him to help me and get it done for way less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$1100 is right off the sight. Do you know if the kit off redshiftmotorsports comes with everything you need?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
$1100 seems like way too much for the Koni/GC kit.
thats how much the 'Honda Tech Kit' costs from ground control with tax and shipping.

See if they can throw in the ground control key/beer opener/koni adjuster. My buddy designed it.

Ryan659

Suspension stuff is really easy to do. It's literally just take bolts off, put part on, put on bolts, tighten.

Buttttttt, depending on how your bolts are, it can become a PITA if you have to start cutting bolts or heating them up, etc.... Especially for a newbie.

But if you want to learn, it's a good spot to start learning.

94RS

No fucks given.
thats how much the 'Honda Tech Kit' costs from ground control with tax and shipping.

See if they can throw in the ground control key/beer opener/koni adjuster. My buddy designed it.
Gotcha. I was thinking it was just the sleeves and Koni's.

94RS

No fucks given.
depending on how your bolts are, it can become a PITA if you have to start cutting bolts or heating them up, etc.... Especially for a newbie..
This.

My rear struts were so f***ed that I ended up having to get new LCA's because the bolts that connect the struts were seized in place. No amount of heat/PB Blaster could get those f***ers out :rolf:

The shop recommended I get rear camber kit and skunk 2 upper control arms? What you guys think do I need?

Ok then it's settled

I also need tie rods and ball joints , should I order the skunk 2 adjustable ball joints v2.0?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So I would call in and tell them what exactly? Lol

The koni beer keychain idk what its called or if they even make it anymore. They were making it when my buddy worked there. He also has a kit named after him lol.

Gotcha. I was thinking it was just the sleeves and Koni's.
yeah that would be cheaper i think like $800. but this comes with top hats.Idk if you can choose what springs come with it though.

The shop recommended I get rear camber kit and skunk 2 upper control arms? What you guys think do I need?

Technically you dont need any of them. Camber is not a high ware angle. You can adjust toe which is a crazy high ware angle. Only thing that happens with camber is your tires wear unevenly but i never had that problem when i drove my integra every day.