Exhaust install

Apollo14

So im getting ready to buy a greddy sp2 exhaust system and and ive never installed an exhaust before but im pretty sure that i can install it myself. After searching all over i couldnt find a good thread with info on how to install an after market exhaust. So now im just hoping for any tips on how you guys would do it. i understand basicly how its done but i just want to be sure. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks :)

jznsn2u

-Jack the car up and set it on jack stands on a leveled surface.
-wd40 on the old bolts holding up your oem piping.
-uninstall the axle back first then go for the midpipe. Or reverse, which ever way you want too :p
-the stock axle back loops over the lca soo your gonna have to twist and turn to get it out.
-save the oem ruber mounting pieces that are on the end of the hanger, you could use them on your new exhaust.
-uninstall the mid pipe
-if the aftermarket exhaust came with gaskets, use them. and install the system.

mirrorimg

Its just a matter of bolts and rubber hangers. Pretty straight forward when you get under there.

j13

Keep It Clean
yeah use DW-40 to losin up the bolts. Where some eye protection, I learned the hard way...lol

Apollo14

Hmmm okay thanks guys! Seems pretty easy :)
So this is a lil off topic but do you think $505 shipped for a new 4dr ls greddy sp2 catback exhaust is a good deal? Because im on a really tight budget (poor college kid haha) and i want to be sure im not waisting money.