P0730 (Gear Ratio Incorrect) ?

phatintegra

Banned
I'm kind of stump trying to figure this out on my wife 2001 Civic Automatic.

My wife called me and said my car is having problem and the CEL light is on. I picked up the car last night pulled the code.I cleared the code and everything is normal even drove it at 60-70mph on the Highway once I got near my home sitting at a stop light once the light turn green the car won't go past 30mph and the RPM shot up it feel like a burnt out clutch on a manual transmission. I Finally made it home.

This morning I decided to take the car back out for a test drive. It was driving normal (did not take it above 40mph) then about 10 minutes later it happen again won't go above 30mph and the rpm shot up. I pulled the code again thru the OBD scanner and the same code showed up.

The D on the dashboard is not flashing and the car is all 100%stock not sure on the milage but guessing 160k give or take (should of look on the cluster). I searched on google and people are saying, DTC sensor, Shift solenoid sensor, bad solenoid and or replace the transmission.

Then again they all don't have the same issues that I experience with my wife car. I'm crossing fingers is something really stupid.

I can't get it to my shop anytime soon. Since I have to rent a truck and car dolly thru UHAUL. My shop is a good hour and half drive.

EDIT:
The Actual milage is 142.XX.

Last edited:

mjones73

The one post I found recommended checking the fluid level and having a pressure test done on the trans. If it's a bad solenoid not letting pressure get where it's supposed to be, one of the clutch packs could be slipping..

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Sounds like the trans is slipping. My old integra did that, put in a new trans and that fixed it. It could be a multitude of things, tcu, clutch pack, maybe do a flush too, it might help as a short term solution.

phatintegra

Banned
I checked the trans fluid. It was full (where it suppose to be at the dip stick). Look like it needed to be changed on the next oil change. Other then that. I have decided I'm going to drive it up to my shop after midnight tonight then come home and get ready for work at 5:30am. No sleep tonight but I have to get the car up there some how because I can't have another vehicle down since my Integra been down for months.

EDIT:
Drove the car across the Maryland Border from Falls Church Virginia if you know the area. I had to get the car towed from I-495N before you get to the River Road exit. Now the tow truck is hauling the Civic to the shop in Frederick, Maryland. I know the towing fee will be around $300. Oh well there is no way around it. Now I have to be at work in 3 hours. I hope I can make it thru the day at the office.

Last edited:

phatintegra

Banned
Im looking for a transmission to replace. I know nothing about the Civic Line.

I need to know that all 2001-2005 Auto LX non-VTEC is the same transmission. Some say they don't and some say they do fit.

I found a 2003 for cheap and need to know it will fit on my wife 2001.