Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Still want one...

If I could have it any way I could dream, I'd have a raven/gloss black one with a Coffman shorty.

R13

The other asshole
Alright, so there's a slim chance I might get out of this a little cheaper than I thought.

So there's a pink wire that runs from the switch to the ECU, and I've seen a few people on forums say that when the wire gets pinched, or the zener diode goes bad it sends too much voltage or not enough to the ecu and either makes the fuel pump not prime, or I've even seen one person say the injectors won't fire.

The pink wire is supposed to have 5v on it, this is what it's got:

So... $130 switch (assuming it fixes it) is a lot better than a $300 used ecu. I can at least try it.

R13

The other asshole
The diode in the switch is supposed to reduce it down to 5 volts, which it's obviously not doing...

Apparently if the ecu gets the full 12 volts the fuel pump won't even prime.

Stupid fucking Honda... :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
With ebr and buell the consumer gets pretty much exactly what's being raced. :lol:
As far as I know, the old Buell's were more focused on privateer racing. Buy a works rear shock, change the fork springs, different exhaust, solo seat cowl and either a full fairing, or replace the front with a number plate.

Hell, even the bike that the company was started for was made to destroy the class it was supposed to race in.

The EBR bikes are more along the lines of off the shelf "buy and race" once you put race fairings on it.

R13

The other asshole
Do want...

When I can finally afford it I think I'm gonna look into lightnings too because of the bars. I may not like the feel, but I've not really ridden upright sportbikes so I'm curious.

Wish I could find a dorsoduro 1200 :lol: but that won't happen.

94RS

No fucks given.
:lol:

That's an old S1 Lightning, heavily modded though.

Everyone says that the tube frame bikes have a more "raw" feel to them than the XB's, but I've not ridden one to find out. I do love my Firebolt though.

And the XB Lightning is guaranteed to cost 1/3 of the Dorsoduro :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Found this in the comments of a post in the Buell FB group :lol:

If you can't trust a man with this as his profile pic, who can you trust? :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
If he doesn't ride an American flag painted S1 with a Budweiser sticker on it somewhere I'm gonna be disappointed :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I mean, that's clearly the dude from Pineapple Express :lol:

But I did find this X1 Lightning while looking for pictures of S1 race bikes :lol:

R13

The other asshole
It's a shame I'd have to mod the piss out of the tube frame ones to look cool... I'd probably like the way the xb's ride better anyway. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Really, it's just a matter of buying a body kit from Airtech Streamlining.

The orange one is supposed to be their version of the HD VR1000's body kit on a Buell base :lol: And I'm sure the XB's ride a hell of a lot better than the Tubers. Like I said before, everyone says they're more "raw" or "brutal" than the XB's.

I know of one Tuber with an XB full fairing kit with custom brackets so it would fit.