B20b swap, what do I need?

beast

spun a bearing on my 2000 integra gsr yeaterday, now am being offerd a cheap b20b,,, what do i need or what will need to be mpdified for that engine to run on my car??? Ecu??sensors? Any help muchas gracias

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Id try and find a new GSR motor personally... But for the b20 you will need a new ecu, intake, (I'm assuming it comes with an intake manifold), new header and you should be able to use the factory mounts. That's all I know of, there might be more though

72Spitfire

You need an LS intake manifold as the B20 has the box on top and your hood won't shut. You need to chip your ECU to something like a Hondata system. You need to pay someone to tune it after the install or it will run lean on a P75 ECU. Of course you should also install a new water pump, timing belt, and clutch while the engine is out. Sell that GSR head to recoup some cash. Read up on the B20, quite few threads on it.

72Spitfire

And I think they are selling you a B4 and not a B20. My above answer is for the high compression B20. Not the B20B4.

beast

What there selling me is a jdm b20b , mmm seems like allot of stuff to do and not lookin into b18c1 to expensive fuck that... Thank you for the advice, but i was wondering the gsr manifold wont work with the b20 ? Yeah ama sell the gsr head to make some money its p& p i wonder how much i get plus i have a stock one also laying around somewhere..thanx spitfire for the advice

Kinta94

dont down grade your not going to like going from a higher hp vtec motor to a less powerful non vtec motor unless your going boost.

David.95LS

Delwarian
snag the b20, and make a b20vtec, your gonna need a golden eagle kit or any other brand, use your GSR water pump and oil pump, and GSR timing belt, and snag some arp headstuds and rod bolts, and your golden. other then a tune, but you dont have to run hondata, you can run any other tuning software a shop is willing to tune on.

But, just for the b20 swap your going to need;
LS ecu
driver side top mount
LS intake mani
you can use your all your accesories if you run them and your alternator, but might have to use bracketry from both, pretty much whatever fits.
intake tube or whatever your using, but for an ls
some people say to use the USDM crank pulley, but im running the pulley from the B20b i have and its been fine.

I believe thats about it, if i remember anything else ill post.

P.S. there is a crankcase breather on the back of the motor, its a black box with some tubes coming out of it, that go into the intake mani, the JDM b20b wont have this box, and the pcv hose from the valve cover goes right into the intake mani on the front.

Rx7driver4Life

^ Good Idea

You have the gsr head to put on the b20 and you are golden.
Some arp head studs, gsr pumps, and some arp rod bolts are a must.

Have you thought about rebuilding the bottom end?

DC2CREW

Doing the same swap in my 97 gsr

spun a bearing on my 2000 integra gsr yeaterday, now am being offerd a cheap b20b,,, what do i need or what will need to be mpdified for that engine to run on my car??? Ecu??sensors? Any help muchas gracias
I cracked my the cylinder, car was boosted, running stock internals but good tune on10lbs. Sold turbo bought a b20b. Trying to get the crank pully bolt loose with the motor out the car. (One of my damn friends loosed up the tensor bolt, when i told him to the take top mount off.) Cause you can't use the b20b mount.

DC2CREW

How did you get the pully loose

snag the b20, and make a b20vtec, your gonna need a golden eagle kit or any other brand, use your GSR water pump and oil pump, and GSR timing belt, and snag some arp headstuds and rod bolts, and your golden. other then a tune, but you dont have to run hondata, you can run any other tuning software a shop is willing to tune on.

But, just for the b20 swap your going to need;
LS ecu
driver side top mount
LS intake mani
you can use your all your accesories if you run them and your alternator, but might have to use bracketry from both, pretty much whatever fits.
intake tube or whatever your using, but for an ls
some people say to use the USDM crank pulley, but im running the pulley from the B20b i have and its been fine.

I believe thats about it, if i remember anything else ill post.

P.S. there is a crankcase breather on the back of the motor, its a black box with some tubes coming out of it, that go into the intake mani, the JDM b20b wont have this box, and the pcv hose from the valve cover goes right into the intake mani on the front.