climate control bulbs

Civic98KH

Hondata Tunes My Life
hey i just bought an JDM ITR climate control and all of the bulbs are bad, so i was wondering where i can get the bulbs and what size they are. I have a feeling i can only get them from Honda/Acura. and my defrost and and hazard light bulb are blown to, so any know anything about where to get these please let me know thanks

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
thats all i know to tell you. google is all i can think of else. check the DIY section. im pretty sure a guy changed all his and tells how he did.

Civic98KH

Hondata Tunes My Life
thats all i know to tell you. google is all i can think of else. check the DIY section. im pretty sure a guy changed all his and tells how he did.

alright thanks for all your help, if anybody else wants to chime in with some info please do thanks

mirrorimg

I have somethings to add, for the hazard and rear defroster. I got them from radioshack, and I will give some more info on what I got after I take a shower. There is also a website I passed over that you can get the bulbs+holders at.

it should either be the 74 168 194
Sorry Chris, they are none of those bulbs, They are neo-wedge bulbs. I believe they are 4mm.

Take a look at this picture

This is the Rear Defroster switch. There is a long rubber socket with a bulb in it. You can get it from the dealership, or you can go to radioshack, and get bulbs with long leads. I had taken a picture of it previously, but it seems to have escaped my photobucket account.. The bulbs come in a pack of two, individual bulbs with long leads. You simply take the old bulb out of the holder, and fish the leads through it like it was originally. You can do the same to replace the mini bulb holders, or order some from...http://autolumination.com/74.htm

Im not sure which one you need, you should measure the base to figure out what MM is is.

I want to say its the third one shown above, but you should measure to be sure.

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
This is an OEM climate control bulb:

There are four of them that illuminate the climate control and their all this same size bulb. That little sucker cost me $6.75 from the Honda dealership. You can get them for around $4 online but then your paying for shipping, of course.

mirrorimg

They are an arm and a leg from the dealership, which is why I purchased mine from the site I posted. I replaced both hazard and defrost bulbs, and a couple of bulbs in the temperature panel.

Civic98KH

Hondata Tunes My Life
mirror, thanks a lot that helped me out a ton and saved me a lot of money haha thanks again

mirrorimg

Since you probably have the climate control out, I would make sure that all of the wedge bulbs are the same size before you order. I cant remember if they were all identical, or if the hazard/defrost was different from the temperature control bulbs.

Surferman

4 neo wedge type b for the heater/climate controls.
2 neo wedge type a for hazards and defrost.
2 size 74's for the cig lighter and coin tray.
194's for the dash.

i replaced a couple of mine with leds...witch arnt as bright as regular bulb might I add.

Civic98KH

Hondata Tunes My Life
4 neo wedge type b for the heater/climate controls.
2 neo wedge type a for hazards and defrost.
2 size 74's for the cig lighter and coin tray.
194's for the dash.

i replaced a couple of mine with leds...witch arnt as bright as regular bulb might I add.
really? the regular bulbs ended up being brighter than the LED's

Civic98KH

Hondata Tunes My Life
thank you everybody for all the help everything was useful and i will be ordering them tonight thanks again