Replacing my old intake manifold gasket with Hondata gasket

heritage36

I think its worth it. Even if you get the brand name hondata one its only like $50 bucks, unless you are really broke. It's more of a pain to do the work than it is to fork over $50 IMO

Kent_racing

yeah i was doing research you gain like 1-3 hp from having a hondata or one with the same materials becase the heat from the head doesnt transfer to the intake manifold so the air you getting in your engine is more cooler air thus more horsepower

Prozon

Kris
Even if that IS true, do you know how much of a minuscule difference 1hp is? You wouldn't notice it at all.

The only intake manifold gasket that shows reasonable gains is the Spoon ventuli plate. It's dyno proven for 6-8hp in the midrange. Though the $300+ price tag for it is excessive for most of us.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I have the hondata manifold gasket and didn't have to use any extended studs...

One of the nicest things about the Hondata gasket is its reusable

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Odd, I only had one thread that I could see. Not sure if the P8R head comes with midget studs, but at least they also came with the manifold.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I had a hondata gasket on a P8R head as well with no issues lol. Both times I used the Hondata gasket it was matched up to a Victor X manifold, one on my B20 the other on my current GSR

Heres a pic of the gasket on my GSR

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Maybe I was being a pussy that day, :lol:

This pic does look like it has a decent amount left.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha, extended studs are never a bad thing though and they are cheap as hell to do if you DIY. I have them on my exhaust side, I re-drilled and tapped my exhaust side to take bigger longer bolts.