Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Those are some sturdy ass looking wing stands! Bet you could pick the whole car up on those!
I think theyre made to be able to be used as a jacking point on the miatas. The base plate is steel the upright is aluminum.

I'm lost. Is your new motor in?
What new motor?

New motor?

Dylan those stands look good. Also the sending unit didn't likely overheat, it mostly likely died from engine vibrations which is why you can't mount it straight to motor
I just taped over it again. Going to pick up another sending unit and an oil line like yours.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Went to buttonwillow this last weekend. My previous PB was like a 2:16. Went out on my first session and went 2:16.3 and the car felt good, the track just felt dirty and cold. Went out for my second session and went a 2:15 which i felt solid about. I came in after someone went off at cotton corners leaving a shit ton of dirt across the track. Went out on my third session, did a 2:14, kept driving. I locked up the entire entrance into Buttonhook/ off ramp and kept driving. My AiM solo showed me a 2:12 exiting bus stop and entering riverside. I was happy with that time. Once I exited the esses it showed me a 2:10.

I was super happy with that time, went out the next session and pulled a 2:11. The next day i was chasing down a 2:09 and went off at sunset which is the last corner. Car got away from me on braking. All 4 of my tires were done. One had a cut, and the other 3 were corded.

Overall a good weekend with my so cal CI homies JDMxDB8 and Bigmac

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
It was fun my buddy was waiting for me because he was driving my car the next session, he said it looked like i launced it off the berm lol! oh well.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Yeah im starting to not know where i can improve time by staying on the gas longer. lol comparing Jasons Aim data and mine from my solo i can see im braking too much.

Nick_C78

Don't worry about getting faster. Just worry about hitting your marks and feeling comfortable. I think youll benefit a lot more if you just get more comfortable.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
We can try to do some lead follows next event. After I get my sketchyness out of the way.
I need to as well. I went out on the NT01s after Jason suggested some changes on the rear shocks and the car felt like it was on ice no matter how hard i pushed. I found out last weekend tires have a mold release coating that makes it feel that way.