help my engine idles up and down

danny

hi im new to this forum anyways im almost done with the b 16 swap intomy 91 integra but my engine idles really weird. it will run good like if i rev it it will rev real fast and all but wen it idles it wont stay at one speed it will keep goen up and down at an unsteady speed. any help would be appreciated as in y it is doing this and how i can fix it ok well thank u

danny

yea its a code 6 im pretty sure im not to good with all those electrical thing s thats wut my frend said it was

TypeR?

yeah me either but if i had to guess i would say it was tps sensor or a bad o2 sensor. try taking out the ecu fuse for at least 15 seconds, put it back and crank her up that will reset the ecu atleast.

danny

alright ill try it tomorow id do it today but my cars not were im at right now lol thanks

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Make sure your car has enough coolant before you go buying parts. If that sensor dosent work/not reading, no vtec.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
1. Get engine to operating temp ( wait for fans to come on)
2. Turn ignition off
3. Disconnect the connector from the sensor
4. Measure resistance between 2 terminals on ECT Sensor -
Should be between 200 - 400 Ohms, if not replace the sensor. Also make sure they have a good connection. Its also possible to have missed them while swapping.

danny

lol my fans well they dont really turn on by thmselves i haqve to turn thm on soi dont no wen the exact time wil be. anyways i could prolly figure out wut runing temperature is but wut connectors are u talken aqbout that i have to disconnect and measure up and wut do i use to measure them with sorry im not to good with all this swap stuff yet this is my first one ever doing

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
A shitty coolant temperature sensor can cause an erradic idle. It will play mind games with the ECU. I would definitely test that first since it is throwing a CEL

danny

i also dont have an intake on my car so i put my hand over the throttle body hole and it started runen at regular idle speed i dunno if not haven a intake or air filer would do anything