How To Change b18c1 timing belt, water pump, tensioner

alex8thgensi

Hey guy, looking to get a step by step on how to do a timing belt, water pump, and tensioner on my 94 gsr b18c1. need help!!

BankiBoi

I've done this before, for the first time beginner it sucks @#! You will need to jack up the driver side, take off the tire, probalbly need to remove all the belts. They say you need to lower the engine but I didn't and could still get to it. I can't remember right now but you might need to losen the crankshaft bolt which can be done by hand if you have the special crank lock tool otherwise use a impact wrench. What's most important is making sure your TDK or TD w/e are lined up before removing the belt/replacing it also. your supposed to loosen the tensioner and the belt will slide right off, when putting it back on don't tighten the tensioner all the way you will need to rotate it counter clock wise and then set the timing back. sound complicated i know.

Or just go here http://garageninja.com/category/acura-integra-1994-2001-dc2-repair/

nuenjin

Professional Ametuer
Search the forum for some info. I've posted a link to a site where a guy posted pics but I'm on my phone right now.

The main thing to have is the Honda pulley tool. I got it for about 35 from amazon.

Putting the timing belt back on made me more nervous than anything else so keep playing with it until you are sure. I think I installed it four times before I got it right and felt comfortable the first time I did it.

Erickline

Quick Question about the timing sense were on that topic. when it comes to tensioning the timing belt, do i pull up on the tensioner with a screw driver to make it tight, or is the spring on the tensioner enough tenshion?

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
You torque the tensioner bolt down to 40ft lbs. You have a torque wrench, right?