V6 Engine swap question

grizzlygraphics

Does anyone know if there is a vtec v6 that will sit in a 90 teg and bolt up correctly and all that? i am fixing up one and trying to get a new engine for it and would like to put a v6 in it, but i am an airbrush artist/body guy, so i don't know as much about the mechanical side of it.
Thanks
Jedidiah Long
Grizzly Graphics

WDEDMON1

I know there is a utube video of a teg with a corvette motor lol. But it does a LOT of spinning tires. You trying to put it on the strip? what do ya wanna do with it?

jznsn2u

^x2. It's not impossible but it will take a lot of time and money to fabricate custom mounts.

grizzlygraphics

We are just trying to get a little more power out of it. It is going to be for advertisement for the business, but also want it to drive nice as well. We live in a mountanous area and its fun to drive the curves already lol. But if there isnt a v6 that'll bolt up, a 4 cylinder vtec should right? Cuz if not we may be spending the time and money to custom fabricate it I guess. lol

Prozon

Kris
Well there's plenty of ways to increase power from the B-Series motors. Sounds to me like your trying to get throw in a stock motor to gain power, maybe you should upgrade the motor.

A turbocharged vtec motor would be good for business, I'll even volunteer to drive it for you. ;)

jdean41

prozon is right. turbo+vtec=amazing. even though im an all motor kinda guy, id love to have the money to build an all motor teg and a boosted teg. Last time i drove a boosted honda was an ek with a built and boosted b16 and it was sick as hell. Tuned perfectly. i hit 120 before i could blink.

rexpepper123

yeah b series motor boosted! ive seen a bunch of videos of v8 crx's and civics online saw a v6 civic hatch on craigslist a while ago had a 3600 v6 in it looked kind of fun but had to be a bitch to make work

rockadilla

thats right.
Well there's plenty of ways to increase power from the B-Series motors. Sounds to me like your trying to get throw in a stock motor to gain power, maybe you should upgrade the motor.

A turbocharged vtec motor would be good for business, I'll even volunteer to drive it for you. ;)
there really is no reason for a turbo vtec. by the time u even reach vtec u will be in boost. plus the high compression of a vtec engine is pretty dangerous when paired with a turbo. it can be done but it takes more work and is more expensive.

OP v6s are GHEY!!!!!!
the best way IMO is to get an nonvtec B series engine, either a B18 or a B20 nonvtec and build it for boost. its cheaper, easier, and will last longer. and u can safely push around 300 whp in a stock internal B-series engine as long as its healthy, so it will be pretty quick.

Prozon

Kris
I'll give you a dollar if you stuff a big block ford engine in a teg.
I think it would be funny just to see the crazy ass suspension you have to hold it. xD

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
the j32A2 motor my friend has is pretty sick. If you boost those motors, than can make 600 EASYSTOCK with a lot of torque :)
only problem is traction :lol:

rockadilla

thats right.
the j32A2 motor my friend has is pretty sick. If you boost those motors, than can make 600 EASYSTOCK with a lot of torque :)
only problem is traction :lol:
hahaha too bad its like still like 1,500 for just the engine plus u gotta do all the extra mounting work and tranny work etc. does ur buddys teg hood close? i thought the engine was too big? unless theres different mountings u can do