Clutch fluid low?

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
So for the past few days, my car's been hard shifting into gears and all that good stuff. The clutch feels soft as well when I'm pushing down on it when shifting. I'm not sure what the problem is, but from what I'm told, I have low clutch fluid.

I'm asking you guys for a second opinion. Would the problem be the clutch fluid just being low, or would it be my tranny be going bad? Everything's running fine, except that.

Thanks guys :)

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
check the clutch fluid level, bleed the line like you would your breaks. its a pretty quick thing to do to tell you if something is wrong

fluid here:

drivers side against the firewall

Bleeder valve here:

on the trans

Last edited:

gs300cky

i had that issue as well but turned out my clutch line was leaking slowly until it finally snapped after 180k
its the hose right under your intake box so i bought a new stainless steel hose and replaced it... dont go to the dealer though cuz it cost me 180 for the install and fluid exchange and bleeding it all... then i found out it was easy as can be to do myself and only would have taken 20min

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^ he's right. don't let a dealer do it. it's a reaaallllyyy easy fix if your line is leaking

gs300cky

ya i just wish i would have found one or thoughts of that before i lost all that cash :( that could have bought me an new muffler lol

gs300cky

basically bleeding the line mean to get all of the air pockets/bubbles out. cuz when you replace the clutch line like i did you now have a hose which is full of air getting pushed into your lines. this then turns into a soft pedal where you need to push it farther. so when you bleed it your pumping all the air out of the lines and only leaving the fluid so thus it gives you a lot LOT better feel to the pedal. hopefully that makes sense.

C Aaron

1. Loose that bleeder valve.
2. Get a recipent to gather all dirty clutch fluid.
3. Ask a friend of yours to push the cluth pedal several times until everything comes out.
3. Tight your bleeder valve and then add clutch fluid again.
4. Take a quick drive around and your pedal clutch should feel normal again.

Squigget

1. Loose that bleeder valve.
2. Get a recipent to gather all dirty clutch fluid.
3. Ask a friend of yours to push the cluth pedal several times until everything comes out.
3. Tight your bleeder valve and then add clutch fluid again.
4. Take a quick drive around and your pedal clutch should feel normal again.
thank you. i think i need to do this because my clutch fluid is like black lol

gs300cky

well you can just exchange the fluid by emptying it out and filling it with some "75w90 syn" i believe. then you dont need to bleed it and ya aarons idea is the kinda basic/ general idea really
i personally have someone push it in and out 7-8 times then hold it down and youopen the valve wait for the air to get out then tighten it and repeat a few times for assurance :/

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
Update. Well, I checked the reservoir this afternoon and found the clutch fluid in there to be virtually empty. I'm pretty sure it's a freaking leak, so I'm assuming that I need to replace the hose connector?