how to paint valve cover

biker04

my valve cover is chiping n loosin paint somehow and i wanna paint it. Wat kinda paint should i use or do i have to get it done at a paint place ?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
If you have a certain paint in mind that doesnt come in high-temp, i would get a high-temp primer. Then spray desired color, then clear it.

Aircraft stripper is the best way to get the black off, you can get it at a wal-mart.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
im guessing since your not advertising you have a 2gen gsr...i have one or two of each valve cover for an ls.

obd0
obd1
obd2/b20

i will paint the obd0/1 with one solid color and your choice of shave letters or just leave them painted for 60 shipped.....i only have 2 colors of wrinkle paint.....red and black.

if you want the obd2/b20 ill do it any color with the same options for 80 shipped.

i always use high-temp ceramic based paints with high temp primers......i even strip, sand blast and hot tank them before i begin to work on them. after each coat i bake them for 25 minutes or less depending on if its wrinkle or not.

this is my stock obd2/b20 done in 2 coats or wrinkle red.

this is kevins......i did his to match his wheels...imo very close.

now i normally mix these up....i think these are the obd0 ones and the obd1 ones have no "H" just the honda motor company logo.

if your interested...please dont hesitate to pm me or just talk on this thread.....that goes for anyone without thread jacking.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
Ill vouch for rickys paint jobs..me and his do ours the same way and they hold up great. My engine bay gets hotter then yours will and mine hasnt cracked,chipped or flaked. so I know his will hold up just fine.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
now i normally mix these up....i think these are the obd0 ones and the obd1 ones have no "H" just the honda motor company logo.
just to clarify, the difference isn't necessarily "OBD" related.

more like,
B18A1's (OBD0 or OBD1) had the H and Honda Motor Co.
B18B1's (which were OBD1 also, until 96, of course) just had the Honda Motor Co.
B18B1's and B20B's had the "commonly named" OBD2 valve cover, which is far superior looking, in my honest opinion.
my car is a 92, which is OBD1, and i have both the H and Honda Motor Co. badging.

I trust this mofo's work, lol. he's doing my mine as we speak. (better be, nucca) lol, you know i kid, i kid.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
just to clarify, the difference isn't necessarily "OBD" related.

more like,
B18A1's (OBD0 or OBD1) had the H and Honda Motor Co.
B18B1's (which were OBD1 also, until 96, of course) just had the Honda Motor Co.
B18B1's and B20B's had the "commonly named" OBD2 valve cover, which is far superior looking, in my honest opinion.
my car is a 92, which is OBD1, and i have both the H and Honda Motor Co. badging.

I trust this mofo's work, lol. he's doing my mine as we speak. (better be, nucca) lol, you know i kid, i kid.
its in the scrap yard now. :lol:

Sammich

I Have No Extra Though...if I Find A Busted Up Maxipad In The Junkyard Ill Get The Vc And Send It :d