Suggestions on reducing motor mount vibration

92GSRbholtz

So i recently just put new motor mounts in my car. Im wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get less vibration after instaling solid motor mounts thanks. The Car is a 99 gs-r if that helps any. Just annoying no biggie thanks for the info

mjones73

Unless you have a lot of extra power to contain, put stock mounts back in it or start securing everything in your interior...

72Spitfire

They will break in a loosen up a little. I wanted to experiment with a solid rear mount and OEM everywhere else. That, and fix lots of rattles.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Well, that's the downside of getting solid mounts. Vibration gets transferred to the car itself instead of being absorbed by softer OEM mounts. There's nothing you can do except hope they break in a bit as mentioned, maybe the vibration will drop a little bit, but overall you'll have to get used to it. For the most part the vibrations aern't going away.

mohawk42s

im planning on putting felt in my ash tray because i keep change in there....rattles like crazy

although i did install the "race use only" insert and not the street one:retard:

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
you'll get used to it after a bit

92GSRbholtz

Thanks for the info. I guess little shit will make it little better till i get use to it. They have only been in for a couple days. I just didnt rember it being as bad in my 92.

sumfilipinodude

Hmm I don't think you would feel a difference when it breaks in, imo. I had Innovative mounts put in my car and now I feel as if the car vibrates as if they were first installed.

Oh and what's worse.. having the a/c on. When I'm at a light, it feels like my hands and arms are getting a massage from the steering wheel. lol

72Spitfire

I installed the AVID racing mounts about 2 months ago. They make 3 different stiffnesses, each with a different horsepower rating. I have the softest of the three since I am basically running a stock B20. I noticed the stiffness as soon as I turned the key over and you could FEEL the pistons moving. I was a bit disappointed for a days with all the vibrating. I got used to it and mine did soften up a bit after about a month. Not much mind you, but a little. I did notice the car handled better (people dispute me on this), but if you have 500 pounds of motor shifting around on broken mounts....it's gonna affect your cars handling.
So, I can't speak for other companies solid poly mounts, but mine loosed up a bit. I'm quite happy with them. You will be too when you get used to yours..i hope :)

mjones73

Hmm I don't think you would feel a difference when it breaks in, imo. I had Innovative mounts put in my car and now I feel as if the car vibrates as if they were first installed.

Oh and what's worse.. having the a/c on. When I'm at a light, it feels like my hands and arms are getting a massage from the steering wheel. lol
I bet your arms get numb after awhile of that.

92GSRbholtz

I HAVE THE SAME Innovative mounts . I Broke the oem mounts twice so i decided to go with these. Thanks for the info agian

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Well, that's the downside of getting solid mounts. Vibration gets transferred to the car itself instead of being absorbed by softer OEM mounts. There's nothing you can do except hope they break in a bit as mentioned, maybe the vibration will drop a little bit, but overall you'll have to get used to it. For the most part the vibrations aern't going away.
x2

mirrorimg

OP, as you can tell, there is no way to reduce the vibration from Solid motor mounts. Thats what they are, solid pieces of metal that dont allow the engine to shift. All of that energy is transferred to the chassis, and therefore you.

If you dont like it, put in mounts with bushings to absorb the vibration and give a little.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
could try a engine damper, but that mainly helps in launches.

either get a softer mount or get used to it