B18C1 rebuild

CALI-BEAR-DA9

CALIFOOLYA RAIDER
:welcome:just recently i bought a 95 b18c1 block and head no tranny.. both need rebuild, im prepping to send block off to get hot tanked and honed also checking the alignment of main caps.. im keeping it all motor because its going in my da9 and need to ref. it so my first question to all who know.. what pistons should i look out for? some oem honda p72 or can i upgrade without breaking the bank.. suggestions will be appreciated thanks..:worthy:

evilminion88

I ate the bones
Make sure the machine shop u send ur motor balance your rotating assembly (especially if you upgrade your fly wheel with new pressure plate, crank pulley). Chamfer the cylinders along with re decking block and head, and Mic check all clearances. GSR heads have very small domes compared to most other B series heads so don't get to aggressive with the pistons. P30s will be good. What tranny are you going with?

Cripton805

P30 pistons would raise the compression a little more without spending too much.
JDM P30 Pistons will raise the compression a lot. It will run higher compression in a B18C1 than the B16.
Use JDM Type-R Pistons.

Last edited:

CALI-BEAR-DA9

CALIFOOLYA RAIDER
sounds good.. as far as the tranny goes unsure yet either a gsr tranny or a jdm b16 cable.. would it count against me at the state ref.. if i was to show up and have a jdm cable trans?

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Do the b16 cable, and type r pistons. What is your budget? Because a lot of times when I look online, you can get a lot of upgraded parts for the same price as oem, or within a decent amount of oem

CALI-BEAR-DA9

CALIFOOLYA RAIDER
B18c1

dont have lots of money but willing to spend extra money on some mild upgrades for the right price.. i appreciate the advice received so far thanks keep it comin guys....:woot:

Make sure the machine shop u send ur motor balance your rotating assembly (especially if you upgrade your fly wheel with new pressure plate, crank pulley). Chamfer the cylinders along with re decking block and head, and Mic check all clearances. GSR heads have very small domes compared to most other B series heads so don't get to aggressive with the pistons. P30s will be good. What tranny are you going with?
Why not?
I believe Ricky(8UrCivic) had CTR pistons in his C1 with the head milled .020" and BC Stg. 3 cams and didn't have an issue.

CALI-BEAR-DA9

CALIFOOLYA RAIDER
B18c1

has anyone had experience with npr pistons? or what is a good brand or should i just go with oem honda?