Damn jon, back at it again...

jdm jon

i think last time i logged on here was about 7 or 8 years ago and ill be 30 years old come october this year, time flies..spend it wisely :/

life has been a crazy journey through thick and thin good and bad making me the person i am today. Funny how things come around full circle and I'm blessed to say that non the less.

as far as my vehicles went...bare with me, i had a jdm itr clone (poor mans ITR,ssbp) back in 2007/08 (also had a jdm b16 EG hatch clean af for 3 years prior to the jdm itr clone) and sold it in 2009 for an nfr AP1 (s2k, mugen hardtop, cusco 6pt cage sw388's, tiens, more wheels, blahblah) that i had for 5 years while also dailying an jdm b16 ej8 a that i also had for about 6 years...sold the s2000 then got into street bikes 2006 r6 then a 2005 r1..sold them both after about 2 seasons each (miss them dearly)...moved out of my moms house and moved in with my girlfriend and got a VW 20th gti in imola yellow telling myself i wanted to get as far away from honda / acura as possible.

long story short me and my ex broke up after about a 2 years having to drop everything, pack up, quite my full-time job (healthcare/finance) and move back home and having to start all over from scratch, sold the VW (which was a relief to get out of) and got a 2001 ford f150 that i sold after 2 weeks after deciding i wasn't happy with it and not needing a truck right now in my life, although it was a good looking truck with a hanky transmission

after all the s*** thats happened dealing with depression and getting laid off, having the magic rug pulled out from under my feet i felt like i had to go back to square one, back to my roots specially after catching up with old friends back home that never left the honda game because they are lifers (with kids, married, a home all that)...something told me it was time to go back and stick to what i know...so today after weeks and weeks of looking and searching and knowing these type cars are getting harder and harder to find unmolested and jerry rigged, covered in crust and rust, over priced RSX, EK,EG hatches and coupes etc....i finally found something that i believe i picked up were i left off almost 8/10 years ago...

a 2001 GSR integra :werd:

not to mention the 98 spec ITR motor and s80 trans that felt amazing, enkie jspeed wheels / nitto tires / fresh respray / clean gsr leather interior..(paper work for everything included!!!!!) picked her up for a pretty decent deal..

got home realized there was some oil on my driveway after sitting for a few hours ( welcome back to the game:roll eyes:) ) turns out it was a gas leak from a rusted spot along the seem of the fuel tank...which ill be tending to asap..but for what its worth I'm happy and can't remember last time i felt like this...ill definite keep you guys unto date...prob won't be much on honda-tech or NWP, they have a different vibe to it these days which I'm just not into. Rather share with die hard enthusiast who appreciate hard work and meticulous rides such as team-integra/club integra which are more focus based.

plan on restoring the A/C, doing water pump and timing belt just because, removing all tint, maybe switching up the wheels and going wingless...already has a ws2, maybe black recaro's and just enjoy the ride till the wheels fall off.

cheers and thanks for reading..

those bananas in my sig are still shaking after all these years

Last edited:

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Welcome back :) I remember seeing some of your posts back in the day when I was a noobie haha, glad we have another OG posting around. Can't wait to see where you go with it. What are you thinking about doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdm jon

yeoo Klutch hows it going man..ye feels good coming back after so long, it just felt right. Doing a couple touch up pieces in the interior, routine maintenance, going wingless, restore the A/C system, maybe/possible sit the car a tad more aggressive? and just play around with wheels, keep her clean and OEM...just plan on enjoying the car for what it is.

can't wait to carve my old back road twisties again that i haven't hit in awhile..ill definitely keep up with post and start lurking around like old days.

thanks Ryan, nice to meet ya :)

Last edited:

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Which part of jersey are you from? It's cool seeing another guy from jersey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdm jon

morning everyone..heres a quick roster i wanted to share with you guys of cars in the past starting from most recent..(minus the street bikes) enjoy!

this pics have about an 8/9 year time span which definitely brought back some memories (good and bad lol) looking back into my photo bucket...each ride had about 2-4 phases and held on to for average of 3-5 years (s2k the longest and most phases). a lot of time, blood, sweat, hard work and money put into these builds...it was a blessing to have the opportunity I've had to come up with these creations which i am very humble for..hard work can go a long way

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
:drool:

At least I'm not the only one here whose had(has) an ef one fiddy :lol:

jdm jon

thinking back i should have held onto it for random odd jobs and what not. used to goto the beach, romp over sidewalks, dirt lots and stuff, felt nice having all that ground clearance for the first time lol

R13

The other asshole
thinking back i should have held onto it for random odd jobs and what not. used to goto the beach, romp over sidewalks, dirt lots and stuff, felt nice having all that ground clearance for the first time lol
Yeah sometimes it's nice having like 2 and a half feet of ground clearance. :lol:

jdm jon

ground clearance was pretty nice while it lasted..prob scoop up a pick up sooner or later down the road.

favorite has to be the s2k of course but the eg hatch just has that nostalgia..although I couldn't be more stoked about getting back into an integra, it feels right at home. already plotting on little DIY's and what not in the next few days. ill keep you guys posted.

Last edited:

jdm jon

Just ordered an OE gas tank should be here within a week. Not to sure driving around with a leak in the tank is very safe, i can even smell it a little. although it did stop leaking now that its at 1/2 a tank, well see what happens lol

heres some pics of the leak that i took a few days ago..

no bueno :(

Last edited: