FROGGER 1975 B18C1 Mini Cooper Build +PICS!

Keoman

Had a bunch of request's to start a build thread so I figured since I have moment free, I'd start one.

First the nitty gritty:
Car is a 1975 MKII Austin Mini from Canada.
Donor was a 1998 GSR that was relentlessly smashed into the back of a large truck.
Started the project about August last year (2011) however I was away from home for about 5 months for the military. Glad to be back!

Sorry if the pictures are out of order, but i figure it's easier than typing a hole bunch...

Picked up the Mini in Colorodo

Back home, boxes of parts and all.

Epoxy primered the interior to keep the rust monster away in the future.

Subframe was custom made. 4130 Chromoly .085” Weight: 39 Lbs
Transport was fun. Thats a Taurus incase your wondering.

LOTS of cutting...

Keoman

Donor Teg & Engine

When the car was smashed, did a number on most of the exterior components attached to the engine, however the head/block/tranny were almost untouched.
Tore the drivers mount. Had to remove/tap/drill mount/rebolt.

Tranny also took a bit of a shake. Bought another that was toasted for the shell.

Lots of fitting/removing/modifying (in out in out in out...)

Keoman

Custom CV shafts. Honda/Mini splined.

Wheels powder coated

Cut IM to fit in the bay.

Modifying firewall for IM and master cylider reservoirs & Paint

Keoman

More Cutting to fit & custom stuff

Wilwood pedal kit. Individual front/rear MC system. Steering column from an early 80's el camino w/ tilt wheel :lol:

Keoman

Even took it out for a a bit of R&D! haha

SAFTY FIRST

As it sits right now, waiting for the fuel system parts to arrive.

crazymikey

Honda Hoarder
This. Is. Awesome.

About 10-12 years ago I restored a 1979 Mini with my grandfather. I am a HUGE Mini fan, my favourite car of all time.

It has always been my dream to build one with a Honda swap. Your build is exactly what I would do. This is absolutely fantastic. Your fab work and everything is great. This is the caliber of real serious build I like to see. I can't wait to see more updates!

This car is going to be unbelievably fast with the GSR engine. 200hp in a Mini you say? Hell yeah!

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Holy crap that's an awesome build, I give you major props for driving a mini though. I don't think I could do it no matter how fast it was haha. Anyway I can't wait to see it finished!

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Damn wonder if the K20's will fit! That would be sick! Haha! Really good progress so far! I've heard this is a big thing for the older mini coopers. Believe it started in Canada with the swapping of B18's in these.

dlo253

Alright you finally got tired of us bugging you to make a build thread! This thing will be a monster! From the pics i see though it looks like you will have to pull the motor damn near to even get to the T-belt. Tuned in for sure, and nice elco.. Whatcha got in there??

Keoman

Thanks for the comments everyone. Definatly been a project. Would be nice to buy one already done like the MTK car above but I think it's fun to watch it develop.

A healthy C1 produces 170hp at the crank, 130 ft/lb torque..it will feel like 200hp tho haha
Not sure what it's going to produce at the wheels. Definatly going to feel like an over powered go-kart i think.
13" wheels & the IM w/ custom tune should give something close to the Brand New engine specs. Engine right now has 159K on it so it's seen a few miles. Car started fine despite being smashed up like it was however haha...

Always liked the integra. Great get around car. This was my second 1st gen i owned back in the day.