Ty's '07 Cobalt SS/SC

94RS

No fucks given.
Those few members that are still here, my Integra isn't going anywhere. I just realized that it will never be anything more than a project car :rolf:

Anyway, I picked this up last Tuesday (5/30) because I needed something other than my big ass work vehicle and motorcycle. I ran a Carfax on it before I even went to look at it and it came back as a two owner, 105k mi Florida car. A little digging around once I went to look at it, and all the service records were in the glove box.

These pics stolen from the dealer's website:

These were the first few pics I got of it when I went to look, a few of them are nitpicks I had. I'll get into that later.

As far as I can tell, It's bone stock besides an AEM airbox delete. (AEM decal on the rear, CARB sticker on radiator support, and it's louder than stock).

It even has the upgraded 7 speaker Pioneer sound system that includes the factory subwoofer. But that s***ty JVC up there isn't hooked up to the speakers or the steering wheel controls.

More to come.

94RS

No fucks given.
Got the car home that night and figured out what the little toggle switch below the steering wheel did:

I plan on changing out the HID headlights for LEDs since the passenger high beam is burnt out, and for some reason the drivers side is halogen, even though it's a 9007 (hi/lo) bulb.... Also plan on changing the HID fogs for yellow LEDs.

The next day, I did a quick wipe down on the exterior with Meguiars Mirror Bright detail spray. Love this stuff.

Full detail will come soon, but it rained most of this weekend.

On to the interior....

I swapped out the cabin filter Friday, and holy s*** did it need it :rolf: Make sure you change these f***ing things if you car has one.

I already received a new Pioneer (matching the speakers, yay OCD!) head unit to get rid of that JVC trash. Gotta love living an hour away from an Amazon fulfillment center :lol:

I'm just waiting on the wiring harness that allows me keep my steering wheel controls, which should arrive tomorrow.

Earlier today, I cleaned up the leather a bit with Mirror Bight leather lotion. Seats are now much softer and not as gray looking, and the steering wheel and shift knob don't have that "gummy" feeling anymore.

Also had a few leftover LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs laying around, so they went into the map lights. This car doesn't have a dome light.

I'm sure you guys seen the super brittle shift boot in the first post. This will be replacing it when my new shift knob comes:

And the shifters are a pain in the dick with these. They use a modified Saab 9-3 engine and trans, so they also re-use the shifter which is unthreaded and uses a reverse lockout. So it's either get a short shifter or buy a new Saab shift knob.

94RS

No fucks given.
Plans:
- Remove CHEVROLET banner on windshield and AEM decal on trunk.
- LED head and fog lights
- LED bulbs in side markers, trunk light, plate light and third brake light.
- Husky floor liners (on their way). They're equivalent to WeatherTech.
- Re-tint windows at some point.
- Re-cover drivers seat at some point.

- Replace HVAC controls (mine is touchy) with black unit and paint dash trim red.

- And replace the SS dash emblem with the correct one. Previous owner put the 08+ SS emblem from the Camaro on there.

- Replace LED taillights due to hyperflash turn signals and lack of hazards.

^ These cars don't have hazard/signal fuses, but a control module instead. The LED taillights make the control module think that there are blown bulbs, and I don't feel like f***ing with wiring for resistors. :lol:

- Powder coat valve cover wrinkle black.
- Coil cover with just SS logo. Red background, back lettering.

- Custom door sills. Picture these with the "Cobalt SS" logo that's on the coil cover above. Black background, red lettering.

Last edited:

Dnethics

Not a fan of those cobalts but good pick up.

94RS

No fucks given.
New head unit in and fixed the passenger side heated seat switch. It was popped out halfway.

This is the rats nest that was in there....

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
That is interesting that it uses a similar engine and transmission to the 9-3, really reliable engine, and a nice gearbox as well

94RS

No fucks given.
That is interesting that it uses a similar engine and transmission to the 9-3, really reliable engine, and a nice gearbox as well

From what I've been reading, it's the exact same gearbox, and the engine is the 2.0T with the turbo removed and a blower added.

Valve covers definitely look alike

94RS

No fucks given.
These came in

And on that note, UPS fucking blows.... If I had these liners sent to where I work, I would've gotten them at 9am. Instead, a residential delivery (that's less than 20mins from the UPS warehouse) takes til the end of the day.

I'd be out of a job if I set my delivery schedule like that :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
how are you getting the money for all this stuff..lol

I need another job :)

I only have one job. If I was pulling a OneFast, I'd have bought something nicer than a 10 year old Chevy Cobalt :lol:

I just try to save as much as I can while only really buying what's needed, besides the shit I eat at work. Fuel, insurance and maintenance on my work vehicle are all paid for by my boss, so that's a big help.

- $30-40/week on food/drinks at work

- $60/month for phone

- $400/month rent (live with my dad, pay half the rent)

- $100 or so per month on various expenses. (Personal hygiene, laundry, etc)

Leaves me around $1200/month to either save or spend.

Working through vacations helps also... Not that I have a choice :rolf:

Funny thing is that I was actually looking for somewhere to move, then got distracted by my daily CL browse and found this car.

Edit: Forgot to add that no gf helps out massively also :rolf:

Last edited:

Dnethics

I was asking myself the same thing, until he said " no gf "
Hahaha that's plenty of Mula ( money) left

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
I was asking myself the same thing, until he said " no gf "
Hahaha that's plenty of Mula ( money) left
This guy read my mind...lol that's where it saves a lot. its so easy to buy urself that one burrito for dinner then spend $50 a night when you decided to go out as a family lol then worse if you do it at least 5 - 6 times a month:lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
You guys are gonna think I'm stealing money from people now.... :lol:

I've had a pair of these LEDs in my Buell since October. Liked them so much that they'll be replacing the half burnt HID's in the SS.

Also have yellow LEDs coming in for the fogs, because HID fog lights are douchey :lol:

Picked up another OEM tweeter since the one on the drivers door is dead.

And found the only ACE Hardware that still carried Krylon Fusion

So the dash trim will be getting this treatment after I order a black HVAC and my new SS emblem shows up.

Planning on a full detail tomorrow if the weather decides to play nice.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
You guys are gonna think I'm stealing money from people now.... :lol:

I've had a pair of these LEDs in my Buell since October. Liked them so much that they'll be replacing the half burnt HID's in the SS.

Also have yellow LEDs coming in for the fogs, because HID fog lights are douchey :lol:

Picked up another OEM tweeter since the one on the drivers door is dead.

And found the only ACE Hardware that still carried Krylon Fusion

So the dash trim will be getting this treatment after I order a black HVAC and my new SS emblem shows up.

Planning on a full detail tomorrow if the weather decides to play nice.

That iPod though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro