How to fix broken antenna

civicxboy10k

My antenna wont go up but the motor is workin do i just have to unscrew the brokent atenna and replace it with a new rod?

slikk

Money Getter
could be one of three probs.
1 the gear (teeth) in the antena mast is worn out - get a new mast $50
2 the gears(teeth) on the antenna motor is word out - get a new/used motor $2**/$70
3 the antenna is dirty and got stuck and is slowly gring off teh gears (teeth) - get busy with the WD40

civicxboy10k

antenna

slikk said:
could be one of three probs.
1 the gear (teeth) in the antena mast is worn out - get a new mast $50
2 the gears(teeth) on the antenna motor is word out - get a new/used motor $2**/$70
3 the antenna is dirty and got stuck and is slowly gring off teh gears (teeth) - get busy with the WD40

Thanks i thinks its the antenna since its kinda stuck cuz the previous owner said it got bent

speedin

The Transporter
i have a problem with my antenna as well. mine will go up and down but when it goes up or down, i seems like it doesnt know where to stop b/c when it goes all the way (up, or down) it starts a loud clicking like the motor is still (pushing,pulling) and its just skipping.HELP!(very loud and annoying)

slikk

Money Getter
speedin said:
i have a problem with my antenna as well. mine will go up and down but when it goes up or down, i seems like it doesnt know where to stop b/c when it goes all the way (up, or down) it starts a loud clicking like the motor is still (pushing,pulling) and its just skipping.HELP!(very loud and annoying)
your problem is a little more serious .. i dont know exactly what is wrong but i am guessing that the base of the antenna has shifted. if you should take out the antenna assembly you will notice an area held togather by a single screw.. chances are that the screw has shifted.. this is however only a guess. you will have the remove and disassemble the antenna to find the cause

speedin

The Transporter
slikk said:
your problem is a little more serious .. i dont know exactly what is wrong but i am guessing that the base of the antenna has shifted. if you should take out the antenna assembly you will notice an area held togather by a single screw.. chances are that the screw has shifted.. this is however only a guess. you will have the remove and disassemble the antenna to find the cause
thanks, isnt the assembly hard to remove?

speedin

The Transporter
ok,ok i got it working now. if anyone is having this problem then all u have to do is turn the radio on let the antenna go up as far as it can. then go out to the anntenna pull the anntenna all the way up and lube(wd-40 or whatever you weapon of choice is). then turn off the radio and the anntenna will pull itself all the way down. now it should work smoothly! this was how i fixed mine

Sammich

^^x2 i just want to disconnect mine...is there a fuse i can just pull instead of going through all that trouble just to not be able to hear it 'make noise' when i start the car or am riding in silence?

mteg

Automatic Lover
Your best bet is to remove the antenna and replac it with either an s2000 one (not a walmart one) or plug the hole in it and go without.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
My friend is gonna do it for me though. Lol! I'm lazy and don't have time to do the install.