acceleration lags if you press down on gas too much

luis_huerta

hey guys its my first thread thought i'd try it. anyways i got an automatic 92 integra da .its been laggin on speed when i go and press the gas. if i press it super SUPER lightly it will speed up fine. but when i go and press it normally the car starts to shut off unless i let go of the pedal in time...this happens only when im driving 20mph or less and especially at a red light or stop sign.

phatintegra

Banned
hey guys its my first thread thought i'd try it. anyways i got an automatic 92 integra da .its been laggin on speed when i go and press the gas. if i press it super SUPER lightly it will speed up fine. but when i go and press it normally the car starts to shut off unless i let go of the pedal in time...this happens only when im driving 20mph or less and especially at a red light or stop sign.
Idle Stall (Idle drops low and then recover) or Idle fluctuation (RPM goes up and down randomly). Are you getting any of these symptom?

1. CEL?
2. When did you do a tune up (plugs, wires, cap)?
3. When did you replace the fuel filter?

luis_huerta

Idle Stall (Idle drops low and then recover) or Idle fluctuation (RPM goes up and down randomly). Are you getting any of these symptom?

1. CEL?
2. When did you do a tune up (plugs, wires, cap)?
3. When did you replace the fuel filter?
sounds more like an idle stall. tune up and new fuel filter like 2 weeks ago though

phatintegra

Banned
I would clean the IAC (Idle Air Control) valve inside screen first then report back.

Victor91teg

Banned
I had that same problem
Lol.
I bought the car and it's like I had to fight with the gas pedal when I was in first gear it would cut-out. You might try changing the distributer. I changed
Mine to a
94-2000
Integra and went to ODB-1 and had mine dyno tuned cause I got header intake and exhaust :) now I get 160hp and 140ft torque and it stopped
Doing that surging feeling in first gear. It's dangerous pulling out in front of people like that and a simple
Tune up
Won't fix. Try distributer and start there

Victor91teg

Banned
Also I cleaned the idle
Air control
Valve first when I did the intake and exhaust and it didn't help. When i got my car dyno tuned and put a new computer and distributer in it's great now. Ready for a V-tec head :D