Cleaning headlights with brake fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsgb

So ive always heard about it but never tried it until now and wrkd better than anything ive bought!

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Brake fluid will eat up alot of junk. It'll strip paint, and it'll eat plastic. What you're doing by putting the brake fluid on plastic is dissolving the outer most layer of plastic. It will look level and even more clear. But you are really damaging the plastic.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
not a good idea.....wait till all that brake fluid washes off.....your headlights will be so hazy you wont be able to see 10 feet in front of you.

dsgb

Its already been washed off what u think buffing or the shit u by for it does its just fine and works just fine as well

8urcivic

Its already been washed off what u think buffing or the s*** u by for it does its just fine and works just fine as well
let me try to take a stab at what i think you're trying to say.

you "buffing" the headlights with a liquid with no compound in it doesn't make a difference. The chemicals in the oil just ate through the dirt that accumulated over time on your headlights.

to do this process properly a completely new layer of plastic must be buffed down too. Thats what compound, sand paper or a polishing wheel does.

If you truly feel putting brake fluid on your plastic parts is effective, you're sadly mistaken.

h22ateggy

G-ZrrrrMobin
let me try to take a stab at what i think you're trying to say.

you "buffing" the headlights with a liquid with no compound in it doesn't make a difference. The chemicals in the oil just ate through the dirt that accumulated over time on your headlights.

to do this process properly a completely new layer of plastic must be buffed down too. Thats what compound, sand paper or a polishing wheel does.

If you truly feel putting brake fluid on your plastic parts is effective, you're sadly mistaken.
2x wait a couple weeks or days and it will look hazy and yellow in color

dsgb

Ill keep u posted ur prob right but for now damn they look better ahahaha im from the country buddy thats how we do it

dsgb

But what are u trying to say that brake fluid eats through plastic? Hmm i better get a metal brake fluid container wait they shouldnt sell it in a plastic bottle either its worked on every car ive seen just fine so do armoral wipes its just filling in the micro cuts mr. Im so effin smart ill let u know if ur right though

8urcivic

the plastic on the clear lens of your headlights are different than the plastics made for holding oil. ;)

keep researching brah!

Prozon

Kris
im from the country buddy thats how we do it
Speak for yourself.

But what are u trying to say that brake fluid eats through plastic? Hmm i better get a metal brake fluid container wait they shouldnt sell it in a plastic bottle either
Really? I can give you an example of the quote below too. I had a really strong degreaser, it came in a plastic one gallon jug. I put it in a plastic squirt bottle and within minutes the squirt bottle had softened up and leaked.

the plastic on the clear lens of your headlights are different than the plastics made for holding oil. ;)

keep researching brah!
x2. Rep for that haha.

j13

Keep It Clean
I used brake fluid, to strip paint off of my r/c car rims.

Its already been washed off what u think buffing or the s*** u by for it does its just fine and works just fine as well
Ill take a stab at what you're trying to say:

pants.

miloiii123

Advanced Auto sells a little blue bottle of headlight restoration stuff and i just put it on my lights and they did magic!

Status
Not open for further replies.