6x9's install possible!?

YOLK714

ok i would really like to install a pair of 6X9s into my 96 GSR.
I was wondering if anyone here as done and how they did it and if they could post up some pics
thanks!:lol:

DerekLS

You'd have to do a lil cutting to get them to fit & have clearance for the magnet but yeah it can be done

Prozon

Kris
I was thinking of hacking up the walls of my '93 GS to put 6x9's in the back seat area.
I don't see you putting them anywhere without cutting something.

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
what about the trunk cover? im in a 4dr and thats essentially what we have...hasnt someone done that on here?

YOLK714

haha i thats what i thought too(cuting involved)

Its a 2 Door!

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
i have built an MDF bracket covering half of the area behind the panel, its secured very good. yet i still got a very crappy bass responce because of the way the speaker is placed.

im using 7 inch woofers,completely soundproofed hatch in my integra and still not enough support for them i can feel the resonance from the frame and its destroying the bass from rear speakers

a set of lightweight speakers in the back turned out to be better than alpine type-r coax amped.

if you know how to fiberglass then i would suggest doing a complete fiberglass seal behind the interior panel.

otherwise putting 6x9 speakers in there is pointless, you not gonna get any bettersound if they have holes all around

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
i didnt say they dont make sound, they dont sound clean. to a normal person they might sound OK.

im very anal about my audio:)

lol nice engine fund btw. mine is about -4000 now

dmacnesa23

I was thinking of hacking up the walls of my '93 GS to put 6x9's in the back seat area.
I don't see you putting them anywhere without cutting something.

Will this be possible without to much cutting ? as I would love to do that - also a walk through of removing the panels to access those areas.

Prozon

Kris
Not the prettiest set up is it? I was thinking of going into the side panels behind the seats to make it look a bit cleaner. I don't need my trunk stuffed full of speakers. Anyone can stuff pretty much any size speaker in their trunk, the trick is making it look good and still having trunk space.

dmacnesa23, when I get around to it I will be sure to do a write up. My sights are set on making a custom center console though, so it might be awhile.