Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
Meh, liquid cooling adds 40-60lbs anyway with all the water passages and whatnot... long as it does pretty good at not overheating I'd rather have an air cooled bike :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
I can tell you this about the Firebolt: it cooks your right leg before the fan turns on, then your left thigh after it turns on :rolf:

About the weight thing, Buell did manage to keep the weight of the 1125 roughly the same as the XB. I think dry weight was even a few lbs less.

R13

The other asshole
Question is how light would the xb engine be if he had designed it from the ground up. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Original target weight for the engine that was taken for the VR was 150lbs... And HD fattened it up to 210.

If I had to guess, the XB engine is probably around 170-180. He probably just made up for the difference in weight on the chassis with things like the ZTL brakes, hubless wheels, etc.

94RS

No fucks given.
Well... I recently missed a Drummer exhaust for $30 on eBay because I had to replace my fucking debit card. (They canceled it on the spot to send a new one)

How's the F4 holding up? :lol:

R13

The other asshole
All is well :lol:

Just need to order my bar end mirror and go tag it. My grandfather offered to tag it for me because he thinks it's just the coolest shit ever :rolf: He's never been around sportbikes, but he likes fast shit. I personally wouldn't call the F4 "fast" :lol: but if you've never been around them like him I could see it sounding like a fast motherfucker with the lopey idle and fast/snappy revving.

94RS

No fucks given.
Not nearly as bad as the sport touring windscreens that Zero Gravity makes for XB's

Unrelated, but it was in related images on google. Figure you'd appreciate it :lol:

R13

The other asshole
That angle of the firebolt's headlight fairing is straight up accidental front facing camera thumb face :rolf:

I ordered bar end mirrors and flush mount front turn signals. Aiming to have it on the road for cars & coffee April 30th.

94RS

No fucks given.
That angle of the firebolt's headlight fairing is straight up accidental front facing camera thumb face :rolf:

I ordered bar end mirrors and flush mount front turn signals. Aiming to have it on the road for cars & coffee April 30th.

I read that first part like 8 times and still have no idea what the hell you're going on about :lol:

And wtf kind of trash shipping would take over a month? It's not like they're special order parts like I have to buy for the Buell :lol:

R13

The other asshole

:rolf:

I'm aiming for that because apparently the dmv's system fucked up and there's no record of me taking the written test for my bike license which expired :lol: and I have to read the book and take the test again, which involves reading... and I fucking hate reading books :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
I honestly don't remember if it expired, or if my actual license expired and they couldn't re-add the m-class thing on it because they lost the record of me having it... I honestly wasn't paying much attention :lol:

Either way I have to redo the dumb ass test :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
I think I want a Ducati, despite the maintenance :rolf:

All of the Japanese bikes require valve work, throttle body syncs, and all that pain in the ass shit, why not throw in some rubber timing belt maintenance so I can be a high cunt on my duc :lol:

Question is: Which one do I want? The dream duc is the 999 obviously, but they're a bit uncommon. I like panigales, but they're built in some asian country so they probably suck and have valve problems too :lol:

I just want a duc so I can turn my nose up at everybody and pretend I'm better than all these dudes on there cliche R6's and gixxers

94RS

No fucks given.
Guess I have to remind you about a certain bike that doesn't have valve problems, is affordable and not that common.