Should I paint there?

GeNuiN3

Teggy All Day
I was thinking of getting my 92 integra 2dr painted at Maaco in New York city, does anyone recommend them? if not does anyone know any other place in new york city?

Did anyone else get there Integra done at Maaco?

LovesIntegras

i wouldnt go maaco my friend. its just not good quality for your teggy. find a different place and sorry i dont live in ny so i dont know just dont go maaco lol

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
yea i wouldnt do maaco unless your planning to sell it, every job ive seen from there looks good at first then after a year or so is all dead & oxidized and peeling around the trim. sorry dont know anyone up there.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
all depends really. maaco is franchised, so its really a crapshoot. I've seen some maaco jobs that look awesome, and still looked awesome after several years. My mom had an 85 Monte Carlo SS painted at Maaco about 10 years ago. She sold it 4 years ago, but she sold it to a guy in town, and I still see it almost daily. It STILL looks gorgeous. So it really all depends on the area honestly. Most maaco jobs, yes, don't look high quality. But you can find a decent shop that actually cares about their reputation in their respective area, that isn't afraid to go the extra mile and do a decent job.

You get what you pay for, and with maaco, its a 50/50 shot. I've seen great jobs come out of the maaco a few towns over from me. And there is another maaco about 20 miles past them, which has almost garbage work. Best thing to do, is ask to see some of the cars they've done recently.

GeNuiN3

Teggy All Day
LoL yeah i might just not do maaco, i seen man other post on other sites and like 90 percent of the time i would here "don't go to maaco" im just going to take that advise and see what they have done recently. I might even contact the 2nd owner of the car and find out where was car last painted (i discovered rust repair and the paint on the car from it hood (clear peeling) and bumpers (faded paint) if he says maaco i will just turn the other way, thanks for the save guys

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
I'd ask around (word of mouth is the best, IMO), Yelp the actual shop, etc. Do all your research or you'll end up regretting it. I did my research, but I still ended up regretting it. I wouldn't take my car to a Maaco, but that's only because I've heard a ton of horror stories. Whatever shop you decide to get it sprayed at, make suuuuuuuure you do a walk-through of the shop (ask to see the cars in different stages) and get everything WRITTEN on the work order. That way if they screw up, you can come back and get them to fix it without having to pay extra out of pocket. When I say "everything," I mean everything. Ask them whether they mask or actually take parts off, too. That way you can pull the seals and stuff yourself if they don't. If they don't, you probably don't want to go there anyway.

Ask around and check with people you trust who've actually had their car painted at whatever shop you're looking at. That's probably the best way.

92slpr

HELL NO!!!!!! dont go to maaco a friend of mine took his crx there the paint was flying off in like 3 weeks

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
all depends really. maaco is franchised, so its really a crapshoot. I've seen some maaco jobs that look awesome, and still looked awesome after several years. My mom had an 85 Monte Carlo SS painted at Maaco about 10 years ago. She sold it 4 years ago, but she sold it to a guy in town, and I still see it almost daily. It STILL looks gorgeous. So it really all depends on the area honestly. Most maaco jobs, yes, don't look high quality. But you can find a decent shop that actually cares about their reputation in their respective area, that isn't afraid to go the extra mile and do a decent job.

You get what you pay for, and with maaco, its a 50/50 shot. I've seen great jobs come out of the maaco a few towns over from me. And there is another maaco about 20 miles past them, which has almost garbage work. Best thing to do, is ask to see some of the cars they've done recently.
i absolutely agree with this. just becuse 1 shop does a bad job dosent mean they all do. ask what the warranty is. maaco is a affordable way to have a car painted. $1000 vs $3500.

Vtec-Pwr

OPP-O1-OH-DC2
I voted NO for this, from where i'm living, they advertised to paint the whole car for like $250, I would do it myself and the result would not much diff. I would find another shop to do and pay a little more $ to have it done right