New Integra Owner

aquadgio1200

New Integra owner here and thanks for the join Im located in San Diego, California. I don't know much about Integras and bought the car for my son who loves it. Hoping for some insight from members here. Below is the car's specs

1995 Acura Integra with a 4 speed auto trans ( i think its an LS) (157k on the odometer)

i noticed that the block is stamped B20B, were these stock on the 95 integra? I know that the stock specs are 1.8 engine...does that mean that block should of been a B18?

2nd part questions is that i went to get it smogged today and it failed (need it can California for title transfer).

The smog guy noted: silicone on throttle body & smoke throughout dyno test.
EMMISIONS were:

HC @ MAX:63/AVE:33/MEAS:116 @ 15mph
HC @ MAX:69/AVE:20/MEAS: 40 @ 25mph

CO% MAX: 0.38/AVE: 0.14/MEAS: 0.44 @ 15mph
CO% MAX: 0.37/AVE: 0.12/MEAS: 0.19 @ 25mph

NO (PPM) MAX: 498/AVE:112/MEAS:1788 @ 15mph
NO (PPM) MAX:528/AVE: 86/MEAS:621 @ 25mph

Thins we did a day after buying the car is : change the oil only. Not sure if getting a full tune up will fix the issue or not?

Thanks for any help steered by way!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
full tune up: fuel filter, distributor cap and rotor, valve adjustment, spark plugs, spark plug wires, new o2 sensor. Hopefully that gets it to pass, if not and youre still close, sit there idling at about 3k, after driving in D3. That will help keep the cat hot and able to burn stuff off.

aquadgio1200

full tune up: fuel filter, distributor cap and rotor, valve adjustment, spark plugs, spark plug wires, new o2 sensor. Hopefully that gets it to pass, if not and youre still close, sit there idling at about 3k, after driving in D3. That will help keep the cat hot and able to burn stuff off.
Thanks for the help!

NCGNETO

Also try a product called CRC. It is one of the best on the market for helping pass emissions.

K3Ntegra

Fuel injectors caused me to get a CEL (check engine light).

Ignition coil, located inside the distributor, is known to go bad with this car's generation, and can leave driver's stranded on the road; so I'd replace the entire distributor assembly as well, personally. When putting the distributor back onto the car don't tighten the 3 mount bolts right away; otherwise the car may not start up.

The 1st 5 or so characters of your car's VIN number around the dashboard, can help you decipiher the model of your car.

Last edited: