endo617: 98 Ej6 Project: Balanced Form

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
AutoX tomorrow

Brakes still need a good bleed, I didn't feel like getting a pump or asking for help. Bought some Russell speed bleeders. Highly recommend, so easy to use and work flawlessly.

This is absolutely gross, I bleed them all through until fluid was clear.

Trying Liqui-Moly 5w40 for the first time, and after doing a lot of research on oil filters I went with K&N. K&N uses cellulose that those a nice job keeping oil clean and helps high viscosity oil flow easily.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Good first event, suspension feels great. Tires hooked even though it was raining. Brakes felt great, I need to ease up on them.

I was worried about rubbing due to the height prier to going to the even but after I emptied the trunk it raised just enough.

I'm going to be doing the valve seals and figuring out why I have a dead spot right now when braking.

[YOUTUBE="Event 2 Boston BMWCCA"]bfoTyGNmPT8[/YOUTUBE]

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Final piece to the ITR, valve seals (intake/exhaust). Ordered a new valve spring tool.

Head still on the car.

Done, 14 more to go.

Running like a champ now. But with Win comes an L, lol. My rear brake lines rotted out. Had to ebrake down shift it home lmao.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Ah the old "pop the schrader valve out of a compression tester hose and hook it up to a compressor to hold the valves up" trick. :lol:

I did valve seals on a d15b7 once and didn't even need the hose, the valves won't fall out of reach on those lol

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Ah the old "pop the schrader valve out of a compression tester hose and hook it up to a compressor to hold the valves up" trick. :lol:

I did valve seals on a d15b7 once and didn't even need the hose, the valves won't fall out of reach on those lol
I used a piece of stretchy vacuum tubing in the cylinder compressed. Worked great.

Here's the brake line fix/patch, flared and unioned with fittings. Here's New England for you.

Made my own Bench bleed setup with Home Depot stuff for my master cylinder, 265k miles was enough on the stock one lol

Makes bleeding easy, learned something new too. Normally I started with farthest and ended with the closest caliper when bleeding. Honda is RRear, LFront, LRear and RFront

Wheel Bearing started making noise.

My GF was graduating so I trolled her a little

Track Day at Canaan Motorsports Park.

[YOUTUBE="5-27-17 MassTuning Trackday Canaan"]Lczpvs0FVXc[/YOUTUBE]

R13

The other asshole
For some reason I didn't notice that was vacuum line... :lol: I thought it was a compression tester hose.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
:hi: Threads junk, Photobucket is asking for $399 a year because I'm 3rd party hosting. I'd like to add I'm putting a long pause on any motorsports due to adulting. PEACE

94RS

No fucks given.
Fucking photobucket holding photos ransom, effectively killing over a decade of forums across the internet....

Another reason I'm sticking to Flickr.

R13

The other asshole
What the fuck is the point of being a picture hosting site if you're not gonna host pictures?

Well, rip forums. For real this time.