Removing B18B Intake Manifold

McMahon

JackTuned
Can anyone link me to a good DIY with pictures?

It needs to come completely out. I need to replace the intake manifold gasket, clean the FITV, and repaint it while its out. I tried looking on TI and Honda-Tech, was having a hard time finding a good thread on it.

98IntegraRS

1. Begin by disconnecting the negative battery cable. Relieve the pressure in the fuel system and drain the cooling system.
2. Disconnect the air intake duct, the water bypass hose, the cables to the throttle and cruise control, the brake booster hose and the evaporative emission (EVAP) hose. Label the hoses as they're disconnected
3. Remove the intake manifold cover and the strut brace. Loosen the intake manifold nuts and bolts. Start in the center and move outward while working in a criss-cross pattern. Remove the nuts and bolts.
4. Check and disconnect all vacuum hoses. Lift out the intake manifold and throttle body as a single unit.
5. Inspect the intake manifold carefully for any damage or cracks. Replace any parts that are damaged.

McMahon

JackTuned
1. Begin by disconnecting the negative battery cable. Relieve the pressure in the fuel system and drain the cooling system.
2. Disconnect the air intake duct, the water bypass hose, the cables to the throttle and cruise control, the brake booster hose and the evaporative emission (EVAP) hose. Label the hoses as they're disconnected
3. Remove the intake manifold cover and the strut brace. Loosen the intake manifold nuts and bolts. Start in the center and move outward while working in a criss-cross pattern. Remove the nuts and bolts.
4. Check and disconnect all vacuum hoses. Lift out the intake manifold and throttle body as a single unit.
5. Inspect the intake manifold carefully for any damage or cracks. Replace any parts that are damaged.
That was copy + pasted. I already read that. I'm looking for a good DIY with pictures.

ms.LsVDC2

my car spends my money
i cnt direct you to a link, but i just had to take my whole head apart and off the block and that was included, you will need to undo all the bolts from the intake manifold that attach it to the head, unclamp all hoses, but remember where they go, you will also need to undo the bolts from the fuel rail and remove the fuel injectors, undo the bolts that hold the throttle body onto the manifold, and loosen up the small nuts that hold the throttle cable in place on the manifold and unhook the throttle cable.. not in that particular order that i wrote it, but it may be easier to undo the throttle cable and the fuel rail and injectors first.... i think that may be it...hope it helps and u can understand it... lol

mirrorimg

It is really as easy as taking off the coolant lines, taking off the nuts, and taking out the bolts holding it to the support underneath it.

unzip2000

Can anyone link me to a good DIY with pictures?

It needs to come completely out. I need to replace the intake manifold gasket, clean the FITV, and repaint it while its out. I tried looking on TI and Honda-Tech, was having a hard time finding a good thread on it.
i know this is a old thread. but i will try my best to write one DIY with pictures. i will be taking it apart and putting it together tomorrow. hope this will help some people in the future.

jayupark

i know this is a old thread. but i will try my best to write one DIY with pictures. i will be taking it apart and putting it together tomorrow. hope this will help some people in the future.
Did you ever get around to it? Thanks