Anyone have "2 Step"?

JDM_DB7sedan

Run ur car NOT ur mouth!
I have 2 step programmed in my P28 ecu. its set at 6000 rpm. i took it out to the track and i was spinning tires. i took some air out and it didnt do it as much. anyways, if you have this set up in ur teg, where do u have ur 2 step and vtec at? im lookin for suggestions. i ran a 15.2 at the track, and i wanna break into 14s. i have a 98 GSR slightly built.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
4500 worked for me, thats right about when your butterflys would be opening up, as for changing your vtec crossover I would leave it alone, it's set in a good place as is, and I doubt you have anough supporting mods to get any benifit from changing it.

ltrain

i was launching at 35 when i had my gsr...might want to lower that

JDM_DB7sedan

Run ur car NOT ur mouth!
4500 worked for me, thats right about when your butterflys would be opening up, as for changing your vtec crossover I would leave it alone, it's set in a good place as is, and I doubt you have anough supporting mods to get any benifit from changing it.
well my engine isnt stock. its 94 teg with 98 GSR swap, Skunk 2 stage 2 cams, Skunk 2 Pollished Manfiold, Aem cam gears, 1999 USDM Type R head milled .20 head checked and cleaned and 5 angle valve job, type r valve springs and retainers, 310 cc rc injectors, AEM fuel rail, AEM fuel regulator, ACT clutch street and strip, lightened type r flywheel, energy motor mount inserts, MSD 8.5 mm wires, NGK plugs, JG bored Type r Throttle body, STR pully set, Fujita Short Ram intake, Stailnless 4-2-1 header, p28 ecu. MY CAR DONT HAVE ENUFF MODS TO SUPPORT IT? Ha! cmon now..dont assume my friend.

JDM_DB7sedan

Run ur car NOT ur mouth!
well, i was thinking bout going 4500rpm for the VTEC to kick in, and 5300rpm for 2 step to kick in. what do u guys think?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
well my engine isnt stock. its 94 teg with 98 GSR swap, Skunk 2 stage 2 cams, Skunk 2 Pollished Manfiold, Aem cam gears, 1999 USDM Type R head milled .20 head checked and cleaned and 5 angle valve job, type r valve springs and retainers, 310 cc rc injectors, AEM fuel rail, AEM fuel regulator, ACT clutch street and strip, lightened type r flywheel, energy motor mount inserts, MSD 8.5 mm wires, NGK plugs, JG bored Type r Throttle body, STR pully set, Fujita Short Ram intake, Stailnless 4-2-1 header, p28 ecu. MY CAR DONT HAVE ENUFF MODS TO SUPPORT IT? Ha! cmon now..dont assume my friend.
Ok and your compression and displacement is the same so your not really gaining that much torque with those mods so I would leave your vtec alone. My statement wasn't negative towards you I was just stating that the stock vtec engagement points are in a good place as is. Biggest thing if you have all those mods is to tune it, if you have all those mods you should be in the 14's without a problem. So 1 you should get a tune, 2 you should get some drag radials or slicks whichever is easier for you and mount on a spare set of rims, and 3 practice your launches and you should be able to get low 14 maybe even a 13. I had a similar setup to yours with less displacement and I was running a 13.8

JDM_DB7sedan

Run ur car NOT ur mouth!
Ok and your compression and displacement is the same so your not really gaining that much torque with those mods so I would leave your vtec alone. My statement wasn't negative towards you I was just stating that the stock vtec engagement points are in a good place as is. Biggest thing if you have all those mods is to tune it, if you have all those mods you should be in the 14's without a problem. So 1 you should get a tune, 2 you should get some drag radials or slicks whichever is easier for you and mount on a spare set of rims, and 3 practice your launches and you should be able to get low 14 maybe even a 13. I had a similar setup to yours with less displacement and I was running a 13.8
thanks man, ur explanation helped me out alot. i was running my street tires at 20 psi and it helped. someone out there mentioned getting slicks..dam i didnt know my car had that potential lol. well i got my car tuned..how i got the 2 step programed. im lookin at some HX rims and possibly getting some slicks put on them. and i do need to work on my launch

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
thanks man, ur explanation helped me out alot. i was running my street tires at 20 psi and it helped. someone out there mentioned getting slicks..dam i didnt know my car had that potential lol. well i got my car tuned..how i got the 2 step programed. im lookin at some HX rims and possibly getting some slicks put on them. and i do need to work on my launch
It's cool yea I ran the skunk 2 valve train with a p&p and stage 2 cams with 11.5:1 cr pistons and had it tuned on a p61 with the hondata s100 and ran on bfg drag radials shaved down so you should be able to hit your goal with that setup with a little work.