Help someone tried to steal my teg

ztinman

So someone tried to steal my 98 gs and mangled my ignition much like ive seen guys on here talk about. So i ordered an oem replacement matching my vin number, i got it today and i triple checked to make sure everthing was clicked in and in the correct spots and when i turn the key nothing lights up, nothing. My headlights turn on and auto locks work so my battery atleast has enouhh juice to turn on the dasg lights. Any ideas guys?? Its my only form of tansportation, i checked,under my dash all wired an clnnections look good, they didnt stel my computer or anything. Idk what to do. Thankz guys

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Does your car have an immobilizer on it, like a chipped key? If so, that could be the issue if it has been messed with!

ztinman

I dont think they put those on until 2000.. Mind doesnt have one

justjdm

DB8 Whore
That's what I'd figured, but just checking. I would check fuse box under dash and hood just to make sure. They could of shorted some fuses out while trying to steal it.

ztinman

My brother suggested calling the dealer and seeing if.there is some key program or computer reset id have tl do? Think thats the case?

justjdm

DB8 Whore
My brother suggested calling the dealer and seeing if.there is some key program or computer reset id have tl do? Think thats the case?
I don't see why you would have to do that. If everything plugged in fine and it's the right key switch, then it should of started right up. Try disconnecting your battery for a minute and hooking it back up, that should reset it.

ztinman

Im starting to suspect a,blwon fuse. Them jamming god knows what in my ignition could have shorted it out. Ill check it out

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Yup fuses are what I like to check first, I have found that out the hard way....more than once I am shamed to say :oops:

ztinman

Yes it was the main ignition fuse. Now i have another problem, when i turn the key in the accesories position nothing hapens clock doesnt come on or anything then when in the on position everything lights up, also my srs light on the dash is on. Ive checked every single fuse on the.car under the hood and all. Any ideas?

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Yes it was the main ignition fuse. Now i have another problem, when i turn the key in the accesories position nothing hapens clock doesnt come on or anything then when in the on position everything lights up, also my srs light on the dash is on. Ive checked every single fuse on the.car under the hood and all. Any ideas?
For your SRS light, try this method:

[http://www.team-integra.net/forum/blogs/morningz/305-g3-reset-srs-light.html

Could of came on with them messing with the ignition somehow. Seems like every wire that controls the electrical system goes to the ignition switch! LOL!