Painting Valve Cover

95 JDM DC2

I know there is a similar how to on painting the valve cover, but this is a very nice detail/pics write-up on stripping and painting a valve cover, this is on club integra's sister site, club civic..

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=98074

Enjoy

PS. he used wrinkle red, so this would work for any other color, and if you want glossy finish, then skip the oven step.

gene91

I was planning on doing this, so the paint you use is a high temp Krylon right? Has anyone done this recently? Whats a good cleaner to use for the current paint and grease?.. And I have a sandblaster so instead of sanding it could I just sandblast it after I de-grease and remove the paint?

Prozon

Kris
If there is no paint on it you don't really need to sandblast or paint it...
After it's painted people use a piece of sandpaper to sand off the tops of the Honda letters so they are shiny.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Yeah good write up.

Question though. If I want to paint it gloss blue, should I paint it flat blue and then spray clear over it or just use gloss blue?
And, Do you have to put it in the oven to cure it after it dries if im not going for the wrinkle look?

Thanks!

1sloDC2

Yeah good write up.

Question though. If I want to paint it gloss blue, should I paint it flat blue and then spray clear over it or just use gloss blue?
And, Do you have to put it in the oven to cure it after it dries if im not going for the wrinkle look?

Thanks!
This would work, but in order to get a good shine on that clear, you'd have to wetsand a little bit, use some rubbing compound, and finish off with a good polish. Just spraying clear on anything will give it a dull look. Clear "pops" when it's been finished just right.

Putting it in the oven helps to cure the paint faster, but leaving it out will be fine as well

tatswatshesaid

Wasup my first tyme being hea anyone know the COLOR? for the type r yellow like paint number? or tone? thanks .. thanks!!!