I need some help.!.!.!

Danny2xd

So I'm doing a motor swap on my 93 b18a1 to a b20 so I've got both the motors out but I've run into something that's puzzling me a bit. On the back of my b18a1 there's a black metal box (smells like gas) that has a valve that goes into the motor right by the heads on the b20 there's a same hole but there isn't no hole where that black box plugs into as well there are 2 sensors on the back of the b18 but on the b20 there's only 1 I don't even know what it's called and don't know how I go about putting what on the new b20 hopefully this isn't confusing but it is for me at the moment someone plz help me.!.!.!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
pvc system on the b20 goes through the valve cover and the intake manifold. Not sure what sensors you're talking about.

TegraTiger

I Need Some Help

So I'm doing a motor swap on my 93 b18a1 to a b20 so I've got both the motors out but I've run into something that's puzzling me a bit. On the back of my b18a1 there's a black metal box (smells like gas) that has a valve that goes into the motor right by the heads on the b20 there's a same hole but there isn't no hole where that black box plugs into as well there are 2 sensors on the back of the b18 but on the b20 there's only 1 I don't even know what it's called and don't know how I go about putting what on the new b20 hopefully this isn't confusing but it is for me at the moment someone plz help me.!.!.!
Danny, sounds like what you're describing is the oil breather box. You can use that port on the engine block to connect an extension hose to an "oil catch can", then run a hose from the catch-can up to an adaptor on the oil filler cap, to replace the always-leaking oil breather box. If you plan on Turboing or supercharging that motor, you have to do this anyways due to the increased vacuum created. Hope this helps, and good luck.

g6qwerty

My 90 Integra with a B20B runs just fine with out those 2 sensors connected behind the motor, I think one is a knock sensor, other might be oil temp (not certain). Also the 3rd sensor back there is the oil pressure switch.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Danny, sounds like what you're describing is the oil breather box. You can use that port on the engine block to connect an extension hose to an "oil catch can", then run a hose from the catch-can up to an adaptor on the oil filler cap, to replace the always-leaking oil breather box. If you plan on Turboing or supercharging that motor, you have to do this anyways due to the increased vacuum created. Hope this helps, and good luck.
No. That way will blow out all the seals. You need to hook a catch can up to constant vacuum or vent to atmosphere.

My 90 Integra with a B20B runs just fine with out those 2 sensors connected behind the motor, I think one is a knock sensor, other might be oil temp (not certain). Also the 3rd sensor back there is the oil pressure switch.
They dont have oil temp. I think the back of the block is only pressure and knock.

Danny2xd

Thanx a million y'all I've done figured it out so far. I keep running in2 problem after problem it seems... Hopefully this is my last one but as again I need help. So when I swapped the b18 2 a b20 I noticed when I took the transmission off that my clutch was wore down pretty good so I bought a brand new clutch kit when I got it all bacc 2gether again and put the motor all in and what not... When I reconnected the shift linkage when I got in my car and applied the clutch an tried switching through the gears when I shift to where 1st is supposed 2 be it's acting like neutral and where neutral is supposed 2 be it's the 2nd 4th and reverse.!.!.!

g6qwerty

Just found out that the sensor with 2 male bullet connectors on it is the radiator fan switch, and I just properly rewired it into the original wiring harness for the engine, with a patch cable i made to the radiator fan switch which is located on my thermostat housing.

cboe90DA

lots of idk. and i thinks. lol danny the oil catch can you dont need on the b20 there is no hole in the block for it any way. the plugs in the back are oil pressure switch and coolant fan temp switch witch you cannot install on the jdm b20b/z you need to wire to switch or add a coolant temp sensor to the thermostat housing you can get the housing from any b 16 18 obd1or 2 they have a port for the temp sensor. if you wire it to the oem temp sensor on the head it will work but over time your gauge will give false readings and the fan swill not operate as the should. oil pressure switch is not needed but just plug it in any way looks better then hanging wires